Aulani Honeymoon Stay

• Up to 17-nights in PV Studio

• 11-nights in SV 1-Bedroom

• 9-nights in PV 1-bedroom

• 8-nights in OV 1-bedroom

Results are only viewable after voting.

ripit3

Earning My Ears
So, we are anxiously planning our November honeymoon :-)woohoo:) at Aulani and are faced with what we think is a big decision. After reading all of the reviews and looking at photos, we're trying to choose between up to 17-nights in a pool view studio or 11-nights in a standard view 1-bedroom.

Any pros, cons, insights, thoughts, wisdom you can bestow upon us to help sway us one way or the other? Truly a once in a lifetime type trip and am trying to balance view vs space, especially for a somewhat extended stay.

This is also our first post, so thank you ahead of time!!

I would suggest 7 days at Aulani pool view, and then 7 days at a Waikiki beach hotel. Spending 17 days at Aulani is too long. You don't need so many days to enjoy the resort. If you go outside the resort on many days, it make more sense to have those days staying in a Waikiki hotel. Much more affordable and more convenient. You can have that extra money to splurge on fine dinning.

The choice between 1 bedroom or studio at Aulani mainly depends on whether you plan to cook or not.

I would do a split stay as well. Last year for our honeymoon we did a cpl nights in Waikiki (more than enough for us) and stayed on the North Shore in a house we rented.

This year we are doing one night Waikiki (we get in late and don't want to drive too far) then 5 days Aulani and 5 days in a house we rented on the North Shore (dif house then last year). We love the dining options up there and the laid back feel compared to Waikiki. Its a decent hub if you have a car and want to see the island.

you also could island hop!! I know there are a cpl Dis-ers that have experience doing that:-) for that long of a trip I would really consider option:-)

I have to agree, I would do a split stay. As mom2aidanNpiper suggested, you could even island hop. With that length of time, you could do about 6 nights on 3 different islands.

I have to agree, I would do a split stay. As mom2aidanNpiper suggested, you could even island hop. With that length of time, you could do about 6 nights on 3 different islands.

Agree with others! If island hopping is an option Maui is amazing!!

I would also recommend a pool view at Aulani with a request for 5th floor (the highest floor in the pool view category).

I have to agree. While I enjoyed Aulani, I wouldn't spend more than 7 nights there. I think Maui is so much nicer.

For Aulani I would do the PV 1 bedroom. The bathroom alone is a reason to do the one bedroom over the studio, especially for the honeymoon. The way the resort is built, I can't see that I would ever use my points for an ocean view. Like PP said, get a higher floor PV room (we were on 5th) and you may get a great view while saving a lot of points.

I have to agree. While I enjoyed Aulani, I wouldn't spend more than 7 nights there. I think Maui is so much nicer.

For Aulani I would do the PV 1 bedroom. The bathroom alone is a reason to do the one bedroom over the studio, especially for the honeymoon. The way the resort is built, I can't see that I would ever use my points for an ocean view. Like PP said, get a higher floor PV room (we were on 5th) and you may get a great view while saving a lot of points.

Totally agree. We were in a PV on the 3rd floor, same as lobby, shops etc. Great location.

We had no problem filling 10 days at Aulani but 17 in a studio would be tight. I would break the trip up into 2 islands.

I voted for 8 nights because if I had that much time to spend in Hawaii I definitely wouldn't waste it all at 1 resort! The other islands are amazing - we always island hop! They each have their own personality. It is much too far to go and way to expensive to get there to not visit 2 or 3 islands! I would suggest Maui as a definite visit with the Big Island a close 2nd (heck if you have 17 nights to spend on your honeymoon I would definitely visit 3 islands)!!:thumbsup2

I would do a split stay and island hop to Kauai after Aulani. Kauai is so green and lush....I've been to Oahu, Maui, the Big Island and Kauai and I must say that Kauai is the prettiest.

I would do 17 nights in a poolside studio. Request floor 5 in the Ewa tower. You will love it.

Fortunately for us, our DVC points are covering our hotel, all other cash is going to the stay, so, unfortunately for us, that means for this trip, island hopping is out. We've opted for 3-nights at Grand Californian and 14 at Aulani. Reading up a TON now on Aulani, though we are very much looking forward to some island time.

Thanks all for the advice! Island hopping hadn't even occurred to us, but I think our next trip to Hawaii will include just that. Seems to be the consensus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter