Aulani Mixology Workshop

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
My wife and myself are considering trying to attend a Aulani Mixology Workshop. Has anybody done this and was it worth the $55 per person? Is the DVC gift some sort of stemware? I called the resort and they indicated its only on Saturdays and limited to 30 people. Does a group of 30 people make this experience lose its charm? Any input would be appreciated.

I am also interested in learning about this. And do you have to wait until you are there to sign up or can you call and book in advance?

You can call 90 days before you want to book is what they told me. I still want some personal experiences before i drop $110 for a couple drinks and 1 hr of my time.

We went today to the mixology seminar. We thought it was great!! You get 3+ drinks that would be $14 each at the resort if you purchased them yourselves. If you answer some of their questions during the presentation, you can get extra drinks. Plus, with the 3 drinks, you get appetizers and a dessert - all of which are very tasty. They have to have at least the minimum of 8 people reserve and then confirm their attendance for the mixology workshop to happen. The max is 30 people. We had 20 in ours today and it was just fine. We did get a special "DCV" glass for attending-per person. We enjoyed the class and it seemed everyone in our class felt the same way.

Thank you for responding!!! We still need to figure out if we will schedule a mixology workshop. Can you take a picture of your DVC glass and post it?

We participated in this earlier this month. It actually was a good value. We had 8 people signed up, but 2 were on their way in from the airport and didn't arrive until the very end, so we had quite the intimate experience.

You do have to be a DVC member to participate. The glass is very nice. I guess I would call it a Tom Collins glass. It had the Aulani logo etched in the side and the underneath of the base had the DVC Member Magic logo.

We didn't actually mix anything ourselves like you do at the class at the Top of the World lounge. And we probably learned more about the Hawaiian language than making drinks, but I really enjoyed that. And with three full drink, a welcome champagne, and food samples, it was worth the $55pp.

Too bad I didn’t buy into DVC on my DCL trip in 2015. This sounds like fun. We’re renting points to stay in October.

Just finished the DVC Mixology class and is was amazing!! Definitely worth the $55 a person (Includes tax and 18% tip). You get three drinks plus shots of bourbon and 3 small smacks.

Attachments

• 20190608_150500.jpg
    20190608_150500.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190608_150817.jpg
    20190608_150817.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 79
Looks interesting - Too bad I am allergic to Pineapple... :(

I wonder if they would change the drinks for me?

Just finished the DVC Mixology class and is was amazing!! Definitely worth the $55 a person (Includes tax and 18% tip). You get three drinks plus shots of bourbon and 3 small smacks.

Don’t think I could drink 3 drinks..2 is usually my limit!

Tried making the Aulani Mixology Liliko's last night. Not quite the same since the rum was different. After a second round we decided we needed additional rum and simple syrup or additonal sugar.

Too bad I didn’t buy into DVC on my DCL trip in 2015. This sounds like fun. We’re renting points to stay in October.
If you are renting DVC points you might be able to do it because your stay is DVC. Won't hurt to try if you want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter