Aulani- need booking help please.( put this here as I hope to get some input)

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
This is double posted but I wasn't getting any replies where I put it so I thought I would repost it here. I apologize if that is not allowed.

My family and I would like to travel to Aulani in June of 2019. We would like to get a 2 bedroom villa, hopefully, standard view but do have the points for other views. We would like at least a week if not a few days more (depending on if we can use a different timeshare for the other week that we plan to stay in Hawaii.) What is the likelihood that we will be able to book this at 7 months out? I would prefer not to rent my points to an agency to rent Aulani points but I will if I have to. Thank you for any and all advice for those who have btdt.

According to this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...been-working-out.3549166/page-2#post-56615436

June - 1 week after juli 1 is THE worst time to book at 7 months as it’s part of the highest demand time. Standard view is usually gone before 7 months. If the demand for the 2br is the same at Aulani as with the wdw resorts during the high demand time I guess you might have a difficult time finding what you need.

If you went with a 1Br you would have much more luck.

If it was me I would monitor the availability for June 2018 closely around 7 months just to get an understanding of what the availability might look like. Then I would use that intel when I should book June 2019.

According to this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...been-working-out.3549166/page-2#post-56615436

June - 1 week after juli 1 is THE worst time to book at 7 months as it’s part of the highest demand time. Standard view is usually gone before 7 months. If the demand for the 2br is the same at Aulani as with the wdw resorts during the high demand time I guess you might have a difficult time finding what you need.

If you went with a 1Br you would have much more luck.

If it was me I would monitor the availability for June 2018 closely around 7 months just to get an understanding of what the availability might look like. Then I would use that intel when I should book June 2019.
I have been doing just that as I expect it to be somewhat similar. I guess that I was hoping that others would have some input as to just HOW hard it was. Is it BWV standard, during food and wine hard??

I have been doing just that as I expect it to be somewhat similar. I guess that I was hoping that others would have some input as to just HOW hard it was. Is it BWV standard, during food and wine hard??

All studios during food and wine is difficult to book at 7 months some more than others. Especially BWV.

I would recommend either taking a transfer of aulani points and then rent your own or rent your own and use those money to rent Points from aulani.

You won't get a standard anything at BWV during F&W at seven months out. You would be very lucky to get a preferred one bedroom at seven months out. Same with the BCV.

You won't get a standard anything at BWV during F&W at seven months out. You would be very lucky to get a preferred one bedroom at seven months out. Same with the BCV.
No, I understand that. I own at BWV so I was just using the difficulty of getting that as a comparison. I apologize if that comparison was unclear.

Ive never seen a 2 bedroom ocean view go on the day, not even Christmas to New Year’s Eve. You should be fine for at least that though it’s probably an extra 150 puts from standard for a week roughly. Pool view would be next best bet. I wouldnt worry about getting shut out but a standard may not happen. Island doesn’t cost too much more so maybe shoot for that? If you get high enough it may even be a partial ocean view which is maybe worth it.

Ive never seen a 2 bedroom ocean view go on the day, not even Christmas to New Year’s Eve. You should be fine for at least that though it’s probably an extra 150 puts from standard for a week roughly. Pool view would be next best bet. I wouldnt worry about getting shut out but a standard may not happen. Island doesn’t cost too much more so maybe shoot for that? If you get high enough it may even be a partial ocean view which is maybe worth it.
Thank you. I am plannning to spend the max amount of points and am hoping for the least ;)
I was most worried about not being able to get any room at the 7 month window since it is the most popular time to go. Thank you for your input :)

I'm going This June. I booked at the 7 month mark. It was extremely difficult. BUT I found a trick and it helped me book our stay. From my experience, Exactly at the 7 month mark, You have to get on yr computer, exactly 8 am eastern time (which is the time you can begin to book at the 7 month mark) and try and book your vacation. One other strategy that helped, when you are booking, you can only book 7 days at one time. Say if you book from june 1st - 8th, You'd go on yr computer at Nov 1st at 8am on the dot and try booking on computer. Typically by 8:01 all of June 1st-2nd would be booked. Trick. Only try for 2 days, which yr odds are better than trying for a 7 day stay. THEN when the dvc phone lines open, ask to add on the additional 5 days. DVC attendant on the phone told me this trick. Let me know if you have any other questions. It was tricky and complicated, i'm probably not explaining it the best. But it worked for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter