Aulani Reconnaissance Trip Report 30 Jan - 6 February, 2013

Kidoctr

Mouseketeer
Better late than never. LOL. I'm still not done with my whole TR but about half way now. The cast:

Me - Eve, aka Kidoctr, age 43, pediatrician, mom to 13 yo DS and 15 yo DD (not with us), DVC since 2005.

DH - Seth, age 44, ER physician, Elvis wannabe and my soul mate esp in terms of food and wine.

Lisa - travel buddy and world class shopper who shares our love of food but has a very serious, life-threatening tree nut allergy.

Tim - Lisa's DH, an orthopedic surgeon whose birthday was the excuse for taking an annual trip at the beginning of February. We usually go to Las Vegas but convinced them to go to Hawaii with us instead this year.

Pre-trip planning: http://kidoctr.blogspot.com/2013/01/trip-1-to-aulani.html

This was a reconnaissance trip because we had unused, unbankable DVC points so we chose to stay at Aulani even though we will be staying in a Grand Villa in August for my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary - all 16 of us. :scared:

Here's what I have so far:

Aulani Trip Day 0-1, Jan 30-31, 2013 (Wednesday - Thursday)

Aulani Trip Day 2, Feb 1, 2013 (Friday)

Aulani Trip Day 3, Feb 2, 2013 (Saturday)

I'll try to get the last 3 days done soon.... Enjoy! :)

Loving your trip report so far. We were at Aulani in January for a wedding. We were so busy helping with the wedding that we missed some of our favorite stops. You've done a few of them;) Dole Whip - check, shaved ice - check, food truck - check, Ala Moana shopping center - check, Aloha stadium swap meet - check, spa - check...waiting to see what else you did that we didn't have time for:)

Awesome TR! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the great short and sweet TR-keep it coming! Thanks also for the recommendation of the Sanuk shoes. I need to get my husband a pair of beach shoes for our trip and he has small feet so has a hard time finding shoes.

Warmly, Erika

Sorry for the delay! We had the worst-snow-storm-ever on Monday and we're still waiting to get power back on. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter