Aulani Standard Room Cost

2prettygirl

Mouseketeer
We are looking to do a family vacation next summer in Hawaii and would love to spend a few days at Aulani. We are trying to figure out what the cost would be for a standard room in June. We are not DVC members and according to the website, no rooms are available for reservation this year in June (to get an idea on pricing). Can anyone tell me what standard room rate runs for the month of June? I realize this could change for next year but just an estimate is what I am looking for right now.

Has anyone ever stayed here for 3-4 nights and then transferred to another resort in Oahu just to save on cost?

If you mean June 2020 I think you might be too late making your reservation. Things are booked up. If you are looking at June 2021 would suggest you look into renting points 11 months out through a broker. David’s or DVC rental. June is an expensive busy month.

If you mean June 2020 I think you might be too late making your reservation. Things are booked up. If you are looking at June 2021 would suggest you look into renting points 11 months out through a broker. David’s or DVC rental. June is an expensive busy month.

Agreed--you will save a very significant amount of money by renting points, and you will also be eligible for free parking that way as well! On the sites mentioned above, you can price out your dates and the type of room you'd like. We have rented from David's several times, and the experience has been very positive.

Agreed--you will save a very significant amount of money by renting points, and you will also be eligible for free parking that way as well! On the sites mentioned above, you can price out your dates and the type of room you'd like. We have rented from David's several times, and the experience has been very positive.
Completely new to the DVC stuff, can you please explain what you mean by renting points, how is that cheaper?

Completely new to the DVC stuff, can you please explain what you mean by renting points, how is that cheaper?

Sure! Just google "David's DVC," and you'll find what I'm referencing. They have good info on their website; however, here is the gist. DVC owners sometimes have years where they are not able to use all of their points, or they want to take a different type of vacation, so they want to sell their points to someone else to use and then take the cash to apply to a different trip. Brokers, like David's, buy up points from DVC members and then offer those points up to non-members for DVC reservations. David's charges $18-$19 per point. The total cost will vary by travel date and by room type, but you can check their cost calculator on the site. For example, if you were going to Aulani and wanted a island garden view 1 bedroom villa from June 21 to June 27, it would cost you $4752 through David's. This is opposed to $7684, going direct through Disney on a "cash" reservation. Also, when reserving with points, you get free parking, which is really nice, b/c you'll want a rental car, and the parking would otherwise cost $37 per day.

There are some drawbacks to renting points, including not being the "owner" of the reservation, and also having to pay the total cost up front.

Sure! Just google "David's DVC," and you'll find what I'm referencing. They have good info on their website; however, here is the gist. DVC owners sometimes have years where they are not able to use all of their points, or they want to take a different type of vacation, so they want to sell their points to someone else to use and then take the cash to apply to a different trip. Brokers, like David's, buy up points from DVC members and then offer those points up to non-members for DVC reservations. David's charges $18-$19 per point. The total cost will vary by travel date and by room type, but you can check their cost calculator on the site. For example, if you were going to Aulani and wanted a island garden view 1 bedroom villa from June 21 to June 27, it would cost you $4752 through David's. This is opposed to $7684, going direct through Disney on a "cash" reservation. Also, when reserving with points, you get free parking, which is really nice, b/c you'll want a rental car, and the parking would otherwise cost $37 per day.

There are some drawbacks to renting points, including not being the "owner" of the reservation, and also having to pay the total cost up front.
What do you mean by "not being the owner of the reservation", if we are making the reservation will it not be under our name nor be guaratneed? Thanks again for that explanation too, I greatly appreciate it and it sounds like it would definitely save money!

Your name will be on the reservation; however, only the DVC member can make modifications to the reservation, so technically, they are the "owner." This is a bigger issue at WDW, b/c it means that you can't do things like add your own dining plan, etc. It's mostly an inconvenience, as opposed to a problem. In terms of guarantee, there have been instances (much less likely when going through a broker, like David's, as opposed to renting directly from a member--and if it were to happen with David's, they would do everything in their power to fix the situation for you) where folks rented points, and then the DVC member canceled the reservation without the person's knowledge or the DVC failed to pay their annual dues, so the points were not available for use. So is it 100% guaranteed? No, not really. That being said, there are probably hundreds of people on these boards who have rented through a broker, who have never had any issues whatsoever. We have personally rented from David's 3 times, and it's been seamless.

There isn’t anything at Aulani you can’t reserve or manage once your name is on the reservation. They are not part of the main disney system. Also, if you go through a broker contracts are signed which gives you some protection from the owner changing the reservation.

There isn’t anything at Aulani you can’t reserve or manage once your name is on the reservation. They are not part of the main disney system. Also, if you go through a broker contracts are signed which gives you some protection from the owner changing the reservation.
Ok, so just for clarification purposes, if we go through a broker and rent points for Aulauni reservation, they owner cannot call the resort and cancel the reservation on us, correct?

Your name will be on the reservation; however, only the DVC member can make modifications to the reservation, so technically, they are the "owner." This is a bigger issue at WDW, b/c it means that you can't do things like add your own dining plan, etc. It's mostly an inconvenience, as opposed to a problem. In terms of guarantee, there have been instances (much less likely when going through a broker, like David's, as opposed to renting directly from a member--and if it were to happen with David's, they would do everything in their power to fix the situation for you) where folks rented points, and then the DVC member canceled the reservation without the person's knowledge or the DVC failed to pay their annual dues, so the points were not available for use. So is it 100% guaranteed? No, not really. That being said, there are probably hundreds of people on these boards who have rented through a broker, who have never had any issues whatsoever. We have personally rented from David's 3 times, and it's been seamless.
This makes complete sense! Thank you so much for putting your time into this and clarifying this for me.

I was looking for June rooms too for 2020, and last week found a 6 night reservation on sale (1-7) for $534/nt for and Island garden pool view. I'm pretty sure it the hotel side vs the DVC side, and is a regular room. But not the lowest category view. I think rack rate was $754.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter