Aulani Trip- June 2021

nikkistevej

DIS Veteran
So, my family(DH, DD18, and I) are planning on doing Aulani in June for about 8-9 days, we are in Maryland. Next year is DH and mine 25th wedding anniversary and my daughter is graduating HS. We've been planning this for years(ugh Covid). Anyway, we are still planning to go(if we can). We would like to stop in California(San Francisco) on the way there or on the way home for maybe 1-2 days. Should we go before or after Hawaii? Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful. Thanks so much!!

I think it will depend on whether or not you will still need to have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.

Which is the best option will likely depend on flight timing. Stopping in CA first would help with adjusting with the timezone changes.

So, my family(DH, DD18, and I) are planning on doing Aulani in June for about 8-9 days, we are in Maryland. Next year is DH and mine 25th wedding anniversary and my daughter is graduating HS. We've been planning this for years(ugh Covid). Anyway, we are still planning to go(if we can). We would like to stop in California(San Francisco) on the way there or on the way home for maybe 1-2 days. Should we go before or after Hawaii? Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful. Thanks so much!!
If you decide to stop in SF, you are welcome to message me as I have lived in this area for 25 years and can give you good tips! You will love it here, and I agree that on the way out would be preferable since it will help with the time change. Also, SFO already has COVID testing for Hawaii passengers which is very convenient for meeting that requirement. Obviously this is a constantly changing landscape, but you could visit SF, get your testing requirement done when you land here, and then fly out again a couple days later, negative result in hand!

Ok, I’ll jump in because I’d say the opposite. I think the time change actually benefits you going to HI—makes it easy to be up early and do things before any crowds (like Diamond Head). It’ll actually help with the jet lag on the way BACK—that’s where it gets you if you’re on the east coast. Plus it gives you something to look forward to as you cry for having to leave Hawaii....

If you decide to stop in SF, you are welcome to message me as I have lived in this area for 25 years and can give you good tips! You will love it here, and I agree that on the way out would be preferable since it will help with the time change. Also, SFO already has COVID testing for Hawaii passengers which is very convenient for meeting that requirement. Obviously this is a constantly changing landscape, but you could visit SF, get your testing requirement done when you land here, and then fly out again a couple days later, negative result in hand!
Thanks so much!!! Will definitely do that!

Ok, I’ll jump in because I’d say the opposite. I think the time change actually benefits you going to HI—makes it easy to be up early and do things before any crowds (like Diamond Head). It’ll actually help with the jet lag on the way BACK—that’s where it gets you if you’re on the east coast. Plus it gives you something to look forward to as you cry for having to leave Hawaii....
That's true, I know we'll be upset to leave. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter