Aulani versus Grand Hyatt Kauai

I read that the pools at Disney are not heated and are cold. And they are too shallow. Any truth to that?
I couldn’t say for sure whether they’re heated or not. We only used the infinity pool and the lazy river. They were...refreshing. I wouldn’t have described them as cold. (At the Hyatt, I did note that the ocean was warmer than the lagoon).
Shallow...maybe? The pool that is usually adults only seemed pretty shallow (also didn’t seem to get a lot of sun). Couldn’t judge the main pool as it was closed. The infinity pool was 5 or 5.5 feet at the end. My biggest complaints with the pools was how early they closed haha.

I have not experienced the Hyatt; however, Aulani is terrific for kids. The first time we went, in 2016, my kids were 6 and 12. My son (the younger) LOVES Aunty's Beach House--he begs to go there every day we are at Aulani. I anticipate that may be a bit different this year, as he's a little older now (10), but he always has a great time hanging out with other kids there and then reconnects with them at the pools and on property at other activities. Aulani is just great for kids. Tons of family activities, in addition to the pools/slides.

I went in February, I don’t feel the pools are cold...I think all hotel pools are shallow. They typically aren’t deeper than 5 ft unless it has a diving board but that is a rare site these days. The snorkeling reef is ice cold because of the fish in there but that’s separate then the regular swimming pools

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter