Aulani Vow Renewal without Disney Package?

VTDisFan

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

My husband and I are in the planning stages for a trip to Aulani next summer for our 10 year anniversary. We will be bringing our 6 year old daughter, but it will just be the three of us. We were thinking it would be the perfect opportunity for us to renew our wedding vows. We've been looking at Aulani's "Escape" package, but at $4200, it seems a little ridiculous to us. All we would need is an officiant and a photographer- each for an hour or less. Disney gives flowers, champagne for up to 20 people, including the couple, a bouquet, and some other stuff that we feel isn't necessary for a quick, simple vow renewal. I am fairly confident I could put together the aforementioned people myself for thousands less than Disney is charging, and work something in the early morning or late night, so as not to disturb anyone else. Obviously we will be staying there, not just roaming through the resort as a day guest. Is a non-Disney sanctioned, quick "ceremony" allowed, (doesn't have to be super private, just in a corner of the beach or something,) or would Disney kick us out if they see a family in dress clothes, someone with book, and a photog? If it's a big no-no, we will look into ponying up for Disney's package. TIA!

Last edited:
I think the only place you could do this without being bothered is inside your hotel room. Ko Olina is home to several resorts (plus an actual wedding chapel) who all want you to pay them for the privilege of doing a wedding or vow renewal there. When we did our Aulani vow renewal, Ko Olina security came over and hassled us while we were taking photos out on the point, even though we'd actually paid Disney for a Memories Collection event! Our planner later told us that they should not have done that, but she wasn't with us at the time to defend us, and the security guard didn't care whether we were "official" or not.

It's not something I would want to be worried about while celebrating with my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter