Aunty’s Place excursions for a 10yr old

carsonsdmom

Earning My Ears
Is Aunty’s place too young for my 10yr old to enjoy? Also, considering the ‘Fish are Friends’ excision but not sure if he is too and and would be bored.

Is Aunty’s place too young for my 10yr old to enjoy? Also, considering the ‘Fish are Friends’ excision but not sure if he is too and and would be bored.

Our 9yo boy thoroughly enjoyed Aunty’s in May, he would have spent more time there if he had his way! We didn’t do any of the premium activities so can’t comment on the fish are friends session but there really isn’t much for a boy his age to dislike there

I really think it depends on who is signed up for the experience. When my daughter did it, I believe she was 10 and there was only one other child near her age (all the other participants were significantly younger)... and they divided the two into 2 separate groups (I have no idea why they did this, but we learned about it after we picked her up). My daughter thoroughly enjoyed all of the other activities, but she did not like the 'Fish are Friends' at all.

We were there in 2016 when my daughter was 10 and she had no interest at all in the Aunty's activity. At least the week we were there, it looked like she was significantly older than any of the kids that were doing the activities. She was very jealous that she was not old enough to do the teen activities which she thought looked like a lot of fun. It looked like there were a lot of younger teens doing those activities. The kids in the teen group did not look a ton older than her. DD, at 10, was definitely in the in-between group where there were no organized activities for her to join a group and do on her own. There were plenty of family activities for her to do and she had a ton of fun at Aulani. It would be nice if Aulani had something for the 10 to 12 year olds. I think they claim to have some tween activities- but we did not see any when we were there- and I have seem some reports saying that they sent their kids to the "tween" activities and it was a craft project for about a 6 or 7 year old.

I really think it depends on who is signed up for the experience. When my daughter did it, I believe she was 10 and there was only one other child near her age (all the other participants were significantly younger)... and they divided the two into 2 separate groups (I have no idea why they did this, but we learned about it after we picked her up). My daughter thoroughly enjoyed all of the other activities, but she did not like the 'Fish are Friends' at all.
Thank you so much for this feedback. Which other activities did she like?

My kids went once (they were around 9, 7 and 5) and never went back on any of our subsequent visits. They didn't hate it but they just thought it was more fun swimming, using the lazy river and slides. They are however very close to each other so happy to play with each other plus are very outgoing - so they always seem to have new friends following them around. If we had an only child then possibly they would get more out of Aunty's IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter