Author review of the Quick Service Plan

I did the math multiple times. It may or may not save me money. For me the value is in the simple fact that my trip is completely pre-paid before I leave the house. Allows me to say yes to so much more to the grandsons while we are there. Does it cost a bit more then I would pay out of pocket if I pack food and plan all our meals? Yes. Does it allow me to give them freedom and then just cash pay other things we may want? Yes. So, the value for me is not all about dollars. It is about Disney, saying yes, and having no surprises.

I’ve gotten the QSDP several times in order to turn my AP discounted room only booking into a package. (Occasionally I’ll irresponsibly put a trip on my Disney Visa that I won’t be able to pay off that billing cycle. A package gives me 6 months interest free financing and I figure I come out ahead with that-Dave Ramsey I ain’t!)

But there are intangibles if you’re someone like me. I’m generally fine with a QS only trip and don’t miss TS. I find there’s plenty of variety. I eat much better when on the plan. OOP I have a tendency to cheap out and live off of pretzels and beer. Without the plan, though, I’ll often pack a lunch which naturally much cheaper than either!

There are LOTS of qs meals that can be had OOP for the price of an $8-9 beer and a $6-7 pretzel...just saying.

I guess I could drop the pretzel ;-)

Seriously though, I don’t do burgers, nuggets, fried or Disney QS pizza. I would rather brownbag it. At any QS odds are pretty good that I’m going to want the pricier meals. My favorites are the salmon at Polite Pig and the $17 bowl at Satu’li, no beer is not an option.

I don’t drink soda and was a tad upset when Disney tightened up on the subbing. I was likewise thrilled when they included adult beverages.

I don't agree with if you drink you will make out-- you can if you put some work into...
2 examples we are staying at the BW if I want that expensive 11 drink than I need to eat at the pool and I would need to order the power salad with chicken and the total will be 24.48 plus tax.... want a beer not a drink... don't want the power salad with chicken.... It gets better and this is more and more as I know the have it at AK as well -- want a burger well its a basket that come with a soda 15.00 less if you want a hot dog... Disney is getting smart and unless you plan and go out of your way you will loose again I said go out of your way......... I want to sit by the pool and eat what I want to eat and maybe drink a beer -- which you can buy for 16.00 for a six pack in the store -- or at BW walk across to the gas station and buy a 12 pack for 12 bucks or less... ok so I go out if my way to save on beer once..... but even paying Disney for one when you want a sandwich and beer is still 18 bucks or less at the pool bars... I ran the numbers and I just could not get it to work without picking out the pricier places and that is fine... we just do not want to do that for 7 days..... for the record eating at Polite Pig was a bargain on the DP....... but even with that could not make it work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter