Autism and Spirit of Aloha dinner show

mlwear

DIS Veteran
has anyone tried the Spirit of Aloha dinner show with an autistic child? I think he would like watching a lot of what is going on, but I have some concerns. One, how loud is it? I've heard the tables are crowded, true? Very crowded? Also, heard that it is very long, does it get boring?

Any answers?
We have not been there, but I have read it has been changed to include Lilo and Stitch if that helps.
You try asking on the Restaurant Board and here's a page on the DIS site with reviews of the show/experience.
If you don't get the answers you need, you could also try calling 407-WDW-DINE and asking.

I don't know if this will help. We went two years ago and did not take our then 6 year old autistic daughter. I am glad as she would have been bored. It is very long and has(had) a lot of monologue in it. I know a lot of people really like the show, but it was not for us.

Julie

I really like the show. The tables are not that crouded, and i don't think that your child will be board b/c they do some interactions with the kids along with the adults.

mellbe113 said:
I don't know if this will help. We went two years ago and did not take our then 6 year old autistic daughter. I am glad as she would have been bored. It is very long and has(had) a lot of monologue in it. I know a lot of people really like the show, but it was not for us.

Julie
that is what I fear that it will be too long and get boring. DS has a very short attention span and may be hard to manage behavior in that large of a group. Hmmm...thanks for the input

Is this the same as the Poly Luau? If so, we took our then five year old son three years ago and I would say it had pros and cons. At the time, there were characters (e.g. Mickey and friends) involved in some of the acts so that of course kept his interest. It wasn't too loud for him, but he was a little frightened of the fire in one of the acts. Our main problem was keeping him occupied while everyone was being served and the food was not very kid friendly. If it wasn't for our then ten year old daughter we probably would have saved our money and done something else.

Does anyone know if there are any characters currently at the Spirit of Aloha Dinenr Show? If so, what ones?
Thanks
Suzy V.

I have read that the show including Mickey is gone and the current show has Lilo and Stitch (see the link I posted on my first response).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter