Autism at Disney. Will we ever sleep again!!!?

We have survived the plane trip! We landed yesterday afternoon, but had to fly to SFB, which meant another hours drive to the hotel.
We used the CARES harness on the plane. We’ve used it before and it really reduces how much damage E can do as we soar along. She only got super agitated in the last 20 minutes, but no screaming! Celery enjoyed her pad.

We had enough time after arrival to check the pool. Stormalong’s sand pool was great. They both had a blast. It was too dark to take in the wonder of BC, but we will see it today.

Our room is lovely, but no one would sleep. I’ve tried out all three beds and they’re quite comfy, but autism struggles with change and we were up forever. Then, fireworks.
She was up before 5. I’m so tired. How will we survive a day at AK with no sleep.

Attachments

• 588C93E1-B356-483D-8283-DA8480152D6C.jpeg
    588C93E1-B356-483D-8283-DA8480152D6C.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2
And SAB

Attachments

• 6198ABF0-02C3-4605-822C-90E2C1B6F0FC.jpeg
    6198ABF0-02C3-4605-822C-90E2C1B6F0FC.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
  • A1CBD4DA-6C3A-4EFF-9066-95B9A91C8481.jpeg
    A1CBD4DA-6C3A-4EFF-9066-95B9A91C8481.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
Animal Kingdom!!

Of course, my big girl was up at 4! I mashed to get her to go back to sleep until 5:30, but then we were up. We didn’t need to leave until close to 0730, so we played, got dressed; and had breakfast in the lounge.
I had called ahead to let them know E couldn’t have wheat or tomatoes and ask if there was any way the lounge could accommodate. If not, I was going to order groceries and be prepared to feed her myself. I was assured they could and the chef would have something and let us know what was wheat free. Naturally, there was nothing at breakfast that was wheat free. They did have fruit which she will eat, so we cobbled that together.
Lunch was great. Tiffins went above and beyond to bring her wheat and tomato free crackers, fish, and dessert! It was a delicious meal. I had butter chicken and enjoyed it. My little had fallen asleep, but woke up in time to eat all her fish and rice! DH had the whole fish. It was huge! We had the wheat free cheesecake whip and ganache. Very yummy.
Dinner was hard again AK was packed, so we fled to Epcot. Most of us had Tangerine cafe which was fine, but I trekked to ‘America’ to get E GF ham from the festival booth. It was good but tough. I also got the pecan tart and it was yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter