Autograph Books - How old is too old?

HMTQ - Madge

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone. :goodvibes

My family is leaving for Disneyland Monday morning, which I'm super happy about. When discussing with my parents about the things we're excited for, I mentioned getting an autograph book so I could get the character's signatures... and was greeted with strange looks from my family. Apparently I'm too old for that sort of thing at thirteen. :laughing: So I was wondering how other teens felt about it. Personally I feel you can be any age and get autographs. They're good memoirs even for adults!

How about you guys? :)

You're 13? Of course you're not too old! I did an autograph book when I was 13. Disney is all about being a kid again, I don't think anyone would think it is strange to have a 13 year old get characters autograph :-)

I did character meets and autographs last August. I was 15. I loved it. Just to warn you-- if you're alone (not with a little child) people will try to cot you in line, so be prepared to hold your ground. I see nothing wrong with a teen, or even an adult meeting characters.
Have a good trip!
Oh-- and many DL walk around characters don't have a character handler; they are usually only with the places characters always are (like Pixie Hollow and the meals)

There are adults who wait in line for autographs with no kids so you are totally fine. Besides, I didn't get to start my autograph book until I was 14 and on my last trip as a 16 year old I was still getting autographs and loving it!

Once in a while I don't do an autograph books because I forget it, but I normally do just for fun:-)
I am 15 and it'll never get old for me!

Hey everyone. :goodvibes

My family is leaving for Disneyland Monday morning, which I'm super happy about. When discussing with my parents about the things we're excited for, I mentioned getting an autograph book so I could get the character's signatures... and was greeted with strange looks from my family. Apparently I'm too old for that sort of thing at thirteen. :laughing: So I was wondering how other teens felt about it. Personally I feel you can be any age and get autographs. They're good memoirs even for adults!

How about you guys? :)

No way! 13 is not in any way too old.
I'm seventeen and I'd totally still do it. Meeting the characters is always fun, especially when you ask them good questions that they have to think about.

My sons also felt "funny about getting siggy's" so they got them on a baseball the characters liked something different and they can display them on their shelf. My daughter also did a small poster size picture and then you can theme that Princesses, Winnie, etc - and then hang in your room! Have a great time!!)

The second time I went my mum got some autographs....she's 43, you're never too old for it :cool1:

I love getting autographs :) (It's a nice souvinir you don't have to pay for) I'm 13 going on 14 and I still love to get autographs!

Here's the bottom line, you can never be too old to do something in Disney ;)

*Lurker*

I agree with the OP and mickey'sbff. ;)

When I went to WDW last fall, I got autographs from some characters. I had them sign their autographs on notecards so I could stick them in my scrapbook afterwards.

Btw, I was 25 at the time. :)

Totally agree with mickeysbff. I still do autograph books!

ditto!

i still do it... i still do all that stuff! like at wdw, in ak, i still do those station things that u go 2 and u get a stamp everytime u do the game at that station.... im the only teen that does it lol. when im there at the stations, im surrounded by little kids lol. btu i dont care :) your never too old for anything at Disney! take it from someone that knows... :rotfl: :goodvibes :lmao: :cool1:

I'm 18 and still get autographs.

The best thing to do is make your own autograph book. Just find clipart online of the characters you'll be meeting, print it off on high duty paper, piral all the pages together, and everyone loves it!

I went to Disneyland in August and I only had a page for Tinkerbell (when I made the book Terrence wasn't at Pixie Hollow) so Tinkerbell decided to make a page for Terrence with a blank one I had left just in case. She drew Terrence :rotfl: and Terrence said it was a good thing she was a tinker fairy and not an art fairy. Terrence did a better job drawing himself...

So anyway, its a lot of fun. The characters love it. No one is ever too old to get autographs.

ditto!

i still do it... i still do all that stuff! like at wdw, in ak, i still do those station things that u go 2 and u get a stamp everytime u do the game at that station.... im the only teen that does it lol. when im there at the stations, im surrounded by little kids lol. btu i dont care :) your never too old for anything at Disney! take it from someone that knows... :rotfl: :goodvibes :lmao: :cool1:

Hahaha. I do that too, except at World Showcase over at Epcot! I'll make my own mask and get it stamped at every country. Its an awesome souvenire. I'm always the oldest at the table too. It doesn't bother me.

I think it's too old. I stopped probably after ten or 11. It's for the little kids. It's fun for them because they think they are real. We know they are not. lol. When i was a little kid i used to get so annoyed with older kids/ adults in line. I hated when i had to wait for teens/ adults.

My family has recently been talking about going to WDW again and I was watching some old vids and I had just seen Tangled and I mentioned that I really wanted Flynn Rider and Rapunzles autographs and my mother shot me down right away. I also have younger sisters, and she said that autographs are for kids. I'm 16 and I don't like being called a kid, but Disney autographs are part of the magic and I would be sooo sad not to get them. I feel like there isn't an age limit on happiness and therefore no age limit on meet and greets and autographs.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!