Autograph help!

jstbcuz94

Mouseketeer
I was wondering what was the best thing to have the kids get autographs signed with.

Im thinking that a sharpie will go through the paper........but it is probably easier for the character to use. Didnt know how ball point pens would be..........never knowing if they are going to work or not.

If any of you have any suggestions........I would love to hear them.

Last time we bought the really fat ink pens. They came in a package of 4, say Walt Disney World on them, and each has a different character - like Tigger and Mickey. I think the package cost $6.50 or so. It was for sale at the store at our resort.

The fatter pens seemed to work well for characters in bulky outfits.

I use Crayola Markers (the reg ones not the thin ones)

They are bulky which does work better and they dont bleed through *and* they are colorful-

-em

Write child's first name large in front of book very. Speaking characters may call them by name without asking, how magical. Non-speakers have often personalized our autographs, wow, how did they know?

Put last name, hotel name and your mailing address in back cover. Heard if it gets lost, Disney will get it back to you.

We take a baggie full of FAT pens, markers great idea too. That way if one gets lost or someone walks off with it, you have backups without having to buy expensive ones at park.

ps The characters that can't hold a pen sometimes have stamps.

pss My kids also used the autograph book at EPCOT. World Showcase students would write to them in their language, translate it, stamp with their country and it was a nice touch to the book. And cheaper than purchasing passports.

My duaghter (5 yrs old) had a broken arm during our last trip and the charaters were incredible with it. She got more signatures and silliness due to her arm. Some of the princesses even kissed it to make it feel better and left "lip prints"

I have read that using Sharpies is not a good idea as they can ruin the costumes. I was planning on picking up some fat ball points and having extras on hand if one goes out.

I really like the idea of the Crayola markers, though. The colors would be really nice! And as the markers are washable, the risk of staining Mickey's gloves would be negligible!

We buy the fat pins at home that let you choose what color ink you want. The characters love it. The Queen of Hearts always chooses red, genie chooses blue etc.

DH bought DD an fat ball point and and autograph book at the MK... The Princesses at CRT all useed crayons!

A side note... You can get really great character interaction and time if you open MGM and head to the left of the Hat after the rope drops!!!! WE got some amazing autographs and pictures!

Have fun!

Originally posted by sarahsmom73
The Princesses at CRT all used crayons!

Do they always do that, or will they use the pen you bring? DD bought a fancy looking pen that she plans to use for autographs at CRT, so if they won't use it I won't pack it.

I'm not sure... WE have only been to CRT once and they used crayons... I had the pen on the table though....

The princesses used my Scrapbook pen that I had without being asked. Mary Poppins had a red ink pen day we ate there but she still used my Scrapbook pen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter