Autograph pen/marker

Sandbtwmytoes

Mouseketeer
Is there a type or size of pen/marker that is preferred for signing autograph books? I've used the retractable sharpies before, but I'm afraid the sharpie ink might leak through the pages I have in the book I'm bringing. Can Mickey sign easily with a regular pen?

Is there a type or size of pen/marker that is preferred for signing autograph books? I've used the retractable sharpies before, but I'm afraid the sharpie ink might leak through the pages I have in the book I'm bringing. Can Mickey sign easily with a regular pen?

We've used Sharpies in the past but have experienced issues with the bleed through. We just use regular ballpoint pens now and the characters have no issues with them.

The characters like the retractable Sharpies! :) But they have no problems signing with regular ballpoint pens as well. Or maybe even Crayola markers? Those don't bleed through the autograph book pages.

The characters like the retractable Sharpies! :) But they have no problems signing with regular ballpoint pens as well. Or maybe even Crayola markers? Those don't bleed through the autograph book pages.

The Crayola markers are a great idea! I'm thinking a fatter pen would be easier to hold so the marker is an excellent suggestion. Thanks!

I was using Sharpies, with cardstock pages. No bleed. We also had dark pages in our books (Etsy!) and used silver/gold metallic on those pages and it looks great.

I have used the bulky Sharpies in the past for the costumed characters, and a thin marker for people. We had books with the thicker pages, so didn't have to worry about the ink bleeding through.

Love the Crayola marker idea.

Thank you for all the great ideas. My DH and I bought books from Disney with blank pages and then put a sticker of the character and their name on each page for the character to sign. The boys are 5 so the stickers will make it easier for them to remember the character with the autograph!

They also make specific no-bleed markers. Some are on the thinner side, but I have a ton that are also thicker. I have a planner and cannot have bleed through. I get them from Michael's mostly. They would specifically say no-bleed.

Thank you for all the great ideas. My DH and I bought books from Disney with blank pages and then put a sticker of the character and their name on each page for the character to sign. The boys are 5 so the stickers will make it easier for them to remember the character with the autograph!

Where did you find the character stickers?

They also make specific no-bleed markers. Some are on the thinner side, but I have a ton that are also thicker. I have a planner and cannot have bleed through. I get them from Michael's mostly. They would specifically say no-bleed.

Thanks! I didn’t know they made these. I’ll look for them.

Where did you find the character stickers?
Many places. I also do scrap booking for our Disney Cruises. I have gotten stickers at Michael's, Joanne's, and Party City. You can also find on-line. For some of the characters that I didn't have stickers my husband went on-line and found the characters printed them and then glued into the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter