Autograph signing rules for Star Wars Wked at MGM

suevee

<font color=red>I am in a frenzy!<br><font color=r
I saw this posted and thought I would paste it here in case anyone is interested in getting autographs. Apparantly there was some confusion last year about getting autographs from the celebraties.

"New for 2004! Actors will be doing 3 autograph sessions per day!!! No need to camp out early, there will be NO WRISTBANDS this year. They will be using the FastPass system. This should give EVERYONE a chance to meet the stars! The guests will need FAST PASS to obtain an autograph and the machine will be on Mickey Ave. at the Millionaire location. A Guest will be able to get one guaranteed FAST PASS person for each celebrity and then one standby for each celebrity per day. Guests do not have to show up really early in the morning.

"They will not open until 9:00am even on our EMH days. Remember there are 3 sessions per day.

"New for 2004! Anthony Daniels & Jake Lloyd along with all the other SWW guests WILL be signing items at the event this year. (although the number of items to be
signed per person will be limited) Signing locations will be different. They will be signing items other than their photocards but are contracted
to sign one autograph per person(even Anthony Daniels).

"This year's Star Wars Weekends art, created by Disney Design Group Artist Randy Noble, features Mickey Mouse as Luke Skywalker and Minnie Mouse as Princess Leia in the classic poster pose from Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope. The art will be featured in a number of collectibles including shirts, key chains, watches, magnets and coins."

I think that is a cool idea, at least I hope so because I would like to have Warwick Davis' autograph and sounds like I might actually have a chance to get one.....

Anyone ever been during this time? We are going to be arriving on a Sun afternoon and I'm wondering if we should go check it out? Or we are leaving on Friday. My 4 year old son does like Star Wars and has several action figures. With him being so young would this be something he might like, or is it a lot of really big Star Wars fans?

Just wondering!

Hmm... it looks like they ditched the Stars of the Saga talk shows they did last year in favor of an extra autograph session. IMO that sucks because DW and I really enjoyed Warwick Davis, Andy Secombe and Anthony Daniels last year. Stars of the Saga was great because you got to see the actors, not the characters. I especially enjoyed Warwick Davis. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and had an awesome sense of humor.

Last year they also had the Behind the Force:The Saga Continues movie and it looks like they do not have a replacement for that either.

-Josh

[Edit: I should have realized when they added Star Tours into the list of Star Wars Weekend events that it wasn't going to be as good this year.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter