Autographs

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
I'd like to hear from someone who's been on the 3 day Wonder cruise recently for their opinion.

My DD and DS, 10 and 7, have made really nice autograph scrapbooks for our upcoming cruise in November. I'd like to drop these books off at Guest Services for signatures so that nothing happens to the books, i.e. losing them onboard from having to carry them with us everywhere we go. I've read so many "yes, they will get them signed and returned to your cabin" and "no, they won't do that" that I don't know what to believe.

Anyone know the current procedure???

TIA!
Brenda

I'm really not trying to be negative but....
most of the fun of the autograph books for the kids is meeting the charactors and having them sign the book. That way you can snap a photo of your child with the charactor signing the book. It might take some of the fun out of it if you just dropped it by guest services.

I agree with Cindyluwho (LOVE the name by the way!!!)... I think the children would really enjoy the autographs more if they see the characters signing their autograph books! ::yes::

~ Angie
Mommy to 5

I went on the 9/25 3 day cruise, and they had tons of characters. I saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Cinderella, Snow White, Dopey, Pinocchio, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Wendy, Belle, Alice and Mulan. There may have been others, but those are the ones I actually spotted.

They post the times of their appearances, and I noticed a number to call in the Personal Navigator to inquire about the characters.

I agree with the others to let the children do this personally. They are absolutely beaming and the "face" characters take the time to talk to them.

We were on the 9/18 3 day and I also took nice autograph books for 2 dd's, they were actually Creative Memory photo scrapbooks.
Had planned to have photo to go with signature so we had them with us.
With the times and places always posted well in advance you can plan ahead to have time to get the signatures and it only takes a few minutes to take the books back to the room.
I felt the signatures were much easier to get on the ship that at WDW much more organized.
If you have DD's and plan to go to the Princess signing plan to get there early the line gets REALLY long.
We also saw Stitch and terk, goofy's son max.

Books survived the cruise very well, can't say the same for WDW; They got damp in our backpack, not ruined but binding was and have some warped pages (live and learn).

Good luck,
Ps if your not going to the princess meeting the other signings that happen at the same time are great noone is there.

There will be plenty of opportunities for your children to interact and get character autographs. In fact, on our last cruise, there were several times I noticed very small or no lines to meet characters. DCL does a good job making them available to guests. Certainly not the mob scenes you see at WDW when a character appears.

Thanks for jogging my memory kcatoir. I do remember seeing Stitch and Terk.

It was amazing to see so many characters. :earseek: It almost made me want to go back to the days when my kids were little, and I got to stand on the lines waiting and waiting and waiting for an autograph. (Yeah, right....;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter