Automated photo boxes at character meet and greets. Can we get this topic raised on the dis show?

I wonder if this will make lines for characters longer. Now that I know Photopass is no good, I will make the handler CM take photos on my phone and then stand there to check them before I leave.

In the past I would’ve just trusted the CM with the camera because they are a professional.

We actually on both occasions fond the wait times to be way longer. In the case of mickey and Minnie it was aproximiately id say an hour , listed time 45 and for Tink we had a fastpass and it was still around 30 minutes even with. Standard line listed 40 mins. Both occasions were at just before the Halloween party so not sure if this made a diifference

Last edited:
To Those who say do not pay for the memory maker, as we are outside of the US it is inclusive in our package so don't think necessarily this is a way to bring attention to Disney. I have great time for Pete and the guys at the dis, and feel the only way that Disney will start to listen is by having important influencers bring the issue up. They basically read the riot act about Ohana rushing service.... I found my experience this September to be relaxed and enjoyed the dinner. So this must have worked!

Last edited:
Are there any pictures from the photo boxes that are decent? When people pose & look straight ahead, maybe?

Are these photo boxes being used during the Halloween parties, or do they still have actual photographers for that?

I don't like this change either. The one thing I would point out is that they added PhotoPass to APs a few years ago so all of us with APs are paying for this whether we like it or not.

On that Change.org petition an update was posted this morning that the photoboxes had been removed from Mickey at Town Hall. I can't wait for the parks to open to find out if that's true.

The photo boxes are a terrible idea. Part of the fun is interacting with the PP photographer. Why would I want to pay almost $200 for an automated machine to take my picture? It's really impersonal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter