Automatic Cancellation

mfortis

Earned My Ears
Has anyone had thier May/June reservation canceled by member services?
I just read an article saying that hotel reservations where being canceled through mid June. I was just wondering if that applied to DVC. I have some reservations for early and mid June. I checked and they were still there.

Check your dining and fastpasses. If they are disappearing, the writing is on the wall that your DVC reservation will likely be cancelled, too. DVC cancels about a week in advance, dining and fastpasses cancel earlier. My dining and fastpasses for a June 3 to 11 trip started disappearing on the 14th, so I just went ahead cancelled everything else. Southwest put the non-refundable airfare funds into holding to be used by September 7, 2022. :flower1:

Our June 13-14 reservation was cancelled in MDE, but is still showing on the Member Dashboard,
So sad - I was up at 3AM & snagged the elusive unicorn, a Jambo Club Level Studio, a few weeks ago :sad1: oh, well........

I finally pulled the plug yesterday on my June 13-20 trip. Now I have points to play with for my August trip. 3rd times the charm, right?

I finally did the same on my trip. Trynna plan for September now. Hopefully, maybe we can get a better idea of what will the situation will be regarding the pandemic by then.

For people that had reservations cancelled in the previous closure waves, when did your DVC reservation disappear from MDE? Rented points and our 6/13 reservation is still appearing in MDE. Our broker suggested that they are not seeing all DVC rooms being cancelled for the most recent closure announcement. Not sure what to make of that...

There may still be a hope for a 6/13 arrival. I have one for the day as well. The other I canceled was for the 6/7. I figured that being two weeks out and not getting any news from DVC about their plans to reopen was close enough. If I don’t here anything by mid next week I will cancel the 6/13 arrival.
I don’t do restaurant reservations or advanced fastpass reservations any longer, so I can’t comment if those are being canceled ahead of time.

We have the elusive Jambo Value studio, booked less than 7 months out. Supposed to check in 6/1. All our dining and fast passes are gone, the husband doesn’t have the heart to pull the plug and we are just waiting for Disney to cancel for us. We’ve got BCV and GFV split stay over the July 4th holiday. I’m holding out hope on this still, but my faith is wavering each day.

For people that had reservations cancelled in the previous closure waves, when did your DVC reservation disappear from MDE? Rented points and our 6/13 reservation is still appearing in MDE. Our broker suggested that they are not seeing all DVC rooms being cancelled for the most recent closure announcement. Not sure what to make of that...
We've had two DVC points reservations automatically cancelled due to the closure. Both disappeared from MDE when they were cancelled by DVC.

DVC is cancelling points reservations approx. 1 week prior to the check in date. If the resorts are still closed for your dates, the reservation would be automatically cancelled around June 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter