• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autotrain Sleeper Questions

Teacher510

DIS Veteran
We did Autotrain coach last summer but we're going for the standard sleeper this year to be more rested for the drive home. What can we expect to find in our compartment? Are bathrooms for sleepers only? Are there stairs or a ladder to the top bunk? Any details would be much appreciated. Thanks!:D

I don't know if there is a ladder to the top bunk, but i think so. We rented a family bedroom and really enjoyed the entire trip! In the standard bedrooms you will not have a private bathroom. The only cars that do are the deluxe bedrooms. BUT, the bathrooms for the sleeper cars (standard and family bedrooms) are specifically for them. You won't have a whole lot of people in the halls, etc. other than the people travelling in the sleeper compartments. We never had to wait to use the bathrooms in the hallways and they did remain clean.

In the Standard Sleepers you have two "reclining seats" that face each other. At night, the two seats fold down to make the lower bunk and the upper bunk folds out of the wall. There is some space under the seats for a carry-on and a small space to hang a few jackets, etc.... There is not a ladder in the standard sleeper, rather some 'steps' built into the armrests of the seats.

Each of the sleeper cars have 1 bathroom on the upper level and 3 bathrooms on the lower-level. In addition, the lower level has a shower room. Usually there are about 14 standard sleepers (10 on upper level and 4 on lower-level) and one family bedroom that share these bathrooms. I have never had to wait for either the bathroom or shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter