Availability second/third week August.

Travel60

DIS Veteran
We are owners at HHI but every few years like to take whole family to WDW. The last two times we stayed at SSR.... Lovely resort, super close to Disney Springs but quite a bus ride to parks. This year with two grandchildren, we would like to be either near Magic Kingdom or on the monorail line or near EPCOT. We would be looking for a two bedroom, 8 nights, mid-August. We will be booking at the 7 month mark. The southern schools should be back in session, some northern also.... hottest part of summer....What are our chances? Any resort more likely than others?

On the monorail line your choices are BLT or VGF. Near by MK with boat and bus access to MK you add BRV or CCV ( max is 8 at CCV) Note BLT and GFV do not have bus transportation to EPCOT, you are expected to use the monorail. Near EPCOT you have BCV or BWV (lock-off units only, no real 2 BR at BWV. If you can deal with the breakdowns add RIV for access to HS and EPCOT, as the new skyway is not so reliable. Again no bus service to EPCOT or HS from RIV, you need to use the skyway, or AKA delayway.

Update! Daughter was waivering on arrival 8/14 or 15 and did not get back to us until evening of 1/14. I told her that 14th may now be impossible....but logged on at 10:00 pm and had all sorts of choices. Finally ended up booking 3 BR at Boardwalk Villas for 8 nights. Cost a full years worth of points but family vaca is what they are for, right?

Update! Daughter was waivering on arrival 8/14 or 15 and did not get back to us until evening of 1/14. I told her that 14th may now be impossible....but logged on at 10:00 pm and had all sorts of choices. Finally ended up booking 3 BR at Boardwalk Villas for 8 nights. Cost a full years worth of points but family vaca is what they are for, right?
Oh my! What a great trip you will have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter