Avatars Reverted to Old / Pre-new Boards?

Well, this morning, what I see is my new avatar in all locations. And it appears that everyone else's avatars are their correct ones. But some of my posted photos have gone missing again. Here's another "maybe this will help" comment: It seems the pictures that have gone missing are all .jpg ones.

Sherry I see your purple avatar.

Last edited:

Yup ... working for a while this morning, and then everything started disappearing again

This must be a DIS server/filesystem issue. I am on Mac OS X Chrome and Safari both show issues. I have reports from people on both iOS and Android that are seeing things disappear. My avatar is gone again too. It seems like a NFS or disk problem maybe, where the disk containing the images, ie avatars, pictures, and emoji, cannot be accessed or found at times, but are accessible at other times.

Yeah... it's just all askew. Every time I check -- whether I log in or not -- something has reappeared or disappeared. For example, right now I can see my purple avatar again, whereas last time I checked I saw my old avatar. But certain smilies and certain photos in random posts I can't see. And there are lots of avatars I can't see.

Does anyone have access to the answer as to why. It would be nice if the person who knows what's going on would post when and/or if the issue will be corrected.

Leaving us in the dark is something Disney would do but not the DIS.

:earsboy: Bill

My avatar changed to one of my previous avatars. I will try to change it back later.

Every time I check -- whether I log in or not -- something has reappeared or disappeared.
Since yesterday, for me, the avatar thing seems to have been fixed. But, pictures going missing - still happening. And then they will reappear. For a while.

Since yesterday, for me, the avatar thing seems to have been fixed. But, pictures going missing - still happening. And then they will reappear. For a while.

I am back to seeing your white-ish avatar, whereas yesterday I was seeing the pink one.

Sigh...

Now I see the pink avatar (with the hearts) for you again, PrincessShmoo! Sigh.

I am conducting a photo-heavy contest in one of my threads, and people are submitting photos that I can't even view (and that certain other people cannot view)! Some of the photos I can view, of course, but others I cannot see at all. No matter which browser I use there is something that I can see and cannot see, In fact, Firefox seems to be worse than Explorer at this point.

Folks I am sure Alex, Corey and co are working on this.

As soon as any of the Admin or Moderators have any news we will be sure to post up an update.

Folks I am sure Alex, Corey and co are working on this.

As soon as any of the Admin or Moderators have any news we will be sure to post up an update.

I AM one of the moderators, and I am one of the folks with this problem. :lmao: If someone is fixing it, no one is talking to us or anyone here in this thread.

I am glad I found this thread! I am happy to know it is not on my side! :faint: I was starting to think that there was something wrong with my computer. I have updated everything, deleted cookies, and cleared history in both google and IE. I can not see some avatars and some photos are not showing up. I now see my avatar is missing as well. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

OK, my avatar right next to the reply box (and subsequent post), as well as when I hover over my username, is my old one :headache:

And photos I could see before are now gone, AGAIN :headache::headache::headache:

But, the little avatar showing I've posted to a thread is still my new one, and, if I click on that avatar, it's my new one, also.

Starting today, I am unable to see any photos posted this week. When I try to click to make them show up, I get an error message. I can see older photos. There was one in the MNSSHP thread tonight that I can't see and another poster said they couldn't see, but a third poster commented it was a cute photo so that person could see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!