Avengers 2: Age of Ultron teaser (and it's Disney connection)

ronDisney

the Ron of RonnMel
I recently watched the teaser for the upcoming Avengers movie next summer. All's I gotta say is: COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

I was already geeking out watching some of the images and hearing some of the menacing dialogue from James Spader's Ultron.

But, what also turned up the geek-out factor an extra level was the ominous background music and Ultron's eventual last line in the teaser. I'm sure most of you Disney fans will recognize the tune from Pinocchio. It was done so well and was reminiscent of the recent re-working of the tune "Once upon a dream".

The last line was a chiller: "There are no strings on me".:eek:

It's awesome that Marvel can put in little bits of Disney-fare into their movies. :)

Can't wait to watch the film.

tumblr_m5iw6wupLJ1rqeggio1_500.gif

It was interesting to watch the developments on social media yesterday leading to the trailer release.

Marvel announced they would be releasing it Monday night during Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. But then a bootleg copy came out during the day and started circulating. Marvel sent out a tweet that just said "Dammit, Hydra." They then released the trailer officially rather than waiting for Monday.

It was interesting to watch the developments on social media yesterday leading to the trailer release. Marvel announced they would be releasing it Monday night during Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. But then a bootleg copy came out during the day and started circulating. Marvel sent out a tweet that just said "Dammit, Hydra." They then released the trailer officially rather than waiting for Monday.
I like how they played it cool and released it officially I can't wait for the movie.

I agree...
Very nice of Marvel to just roll with it and release it. It's not like it's gonna hurt the buzz and anticipation for the movie. :)

I just realized that I misused "it's" in the thread title. LOL!!

Must be Hydra scrambling my brain waves. hahahaha.

I wonder if Disney will ever try to put more of a Marvel presence in the parks, much like they're going to do with the Star Wars franchise.

It crazy that Disney now has connections to at least two uber-popular franchises (Star Wars, Marvel)...and time will tell if the Avatar connection will yield just as popular a fandom.

I find it interesting to see how the Powers-That-Be with the other big Comic Book company (DC) are only now seeing the success that the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) has had, and are now in a mad scramble to catch up. I just hope they don't forget to take the time to add substance to the films. I won't say all the MCU films of Phase 1 are epic, but they were all good enough to add to the whole.

If you have too many stale, weak stories, combining them may only yield nothing but a bigger but still weak film. I hope that DC doesn't fall into this situation in their quest to catch up. While I'm primarily a Marvel fan, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate and really like the DC heroes as well.

I suppose it's just a great time to be a fan of comic-book heroes. :banana:

I agree... Very nice of Marvel to just roll with it and release it. It's not like it's gonna hurt the buzz and anticipation for the movie. :) I just realized that I misused "it's" in the thread title. LOL!! Must be Hydra scrambling my brain waves. hahahaha. I wonder if Disney will ever try to put more of a Marvel presence in the parks, much like they're going to do with the Star Wars franchise. It crazy that Disney now has connections to at least two uber-popular franchises (Star Wars, Marvel)...and time will tell if the Avatar connection will yield just as popular a fandom. I find it interesting to see how the Powers-That-Be with the other big Comic Book company (DC) are only now seeing the success that the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) has had, and are now in a mad scramble to catch up. I just hope they don't forget to take the time to add substance to the films. I won't say all the MCU films of Phase 1 are epic, but they were all good enough to add to the whole. If you have too many stale, weak stories, combining them may only yield nothing but a bigger but still weak film. I hope that DC doesn't fall into this situation in their quest to catch up. While I'm primarily a Marvel fan, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate and really like the DC heroes as well. I suppose it's just a great time to be a fan of comic-book heroes. :banana:
Disney can't put a large marvel presence in WDW because of contracts with Universal. But they are building an iron man attraction in Hong Kong, and have several meet and greets in Disneyland.

I like how they played it cool and released it officially I can't wait for the movie.

Same here. And since they announced it would be released the following week, I just kept thinking....."Man, I can't wait that long." Hail Hydra for leaking that one!

James Spader and Pinnocchio combining to create a Marvel villain -- that's pretty awesome. The song totally creeps out the trailer, as intended.

Looking forward to DC getting more into the mix with its recently announced string of new movies over the next several years. Sort of like WDW vs. Universal, I'm hoping that if both companies are doing new things and trying to one-up the other, it will only mean good things for the viewers.

Disney can't put a large marvel presence in WDW because of contracts with Universal. But they are building an iron man attraction in Hong Kong, and have several meet and greets in Disneyland.

This is true for most of the main Marvel characters but the more obscure ones like GOTG and now Big Hero Six Marvel can use as well as probably a few in some of the movies in the future. Hoping Universal will eventually decide to re theme that part of the park and give the rights back to Disney. You know it must be painful to both sides Universal having to pay royalties to Disney and Disney not being able to use their own characters,

This is true for most of the main Marvel characters but the more obscure ones like GOTG and now Big Hero Six Marvel can use as well as probably a few in some of the movies in the future. Hoping Universal will eventually decide to re theme that part of the park and give the rights back to Disney. You know it must be painful to both sides Universal having to pay royalties to Disney and Disney not being able to use their own characters,

I don't think Universal minds at all. I don't think they are going to decide to retheme their park unless somebody else pays for it.

Correct except big hero six isn't marvel anymore it's a Disney movie they got rid of the marvel connection. In order for Disney to get the rights back there would be some money involved not just universal deciding to retheme.

For me...I just believe that getting back all those characters back into Disney/Marvel's hands would allow them to make a fuller, more cohesive MCU. I also believe that they would do a better treatment than what's been put out there so far. but, that's just a "blind faith" kind of thought.

It would be much to ask of the audience if somehow they did get some characters back and immediately started to weave them into the MCU. I mean we're still still dealing with a new series of Spiderman films not too long after the first three films done. Now, imagine Disney/Marvel gets him back...

What?!!! Another new Spiderman film (possibly three?) LOL!!!!

At this point, I would almost want Spiderman NOT to feature in his own film and have him be the extra-special-co-guest character to someone else's film.

For me...I just believe that getting back all those characters back into Disney/Marvel's hands would allow them to make a fuller, more cohesive MCU. I also believe that they would do a better treatment than what's been put out there so far. but, that's just a "blind faith" kind of thought.

It would be much to ask of the audience if somehow they did get some characters back and immediately started to weave them into the MCU. I mean we're still still dealing with a new series of Spiderman films not too long after the first three films done. Now, imagine Disney/Marvel gets him back...

What?!!! Another new Spiderman film (possibly three?) LOL!!!!

At this point, I would almost want Spiderman NOT to feature in his own film and have him be the extra-special-co-guest character to someone else's film.

We get more movies this way.

I believe that if Marvel had the movie rights to all their properties they would have never made the movies about the Avengers or GotG. They would have seen stronger influence from the Disney suits to make Spiderman & Wolverine movies over and over, not unlike what WB has historically done to DC with Batman & Superman.

If they got the properties back now I don't think they would make any more movies than they currently do, so if they added Spiderman, X-men or Fantastic Four to their slate that would bump out something else they have planned like Antman or Dr. Strange.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spiderman show up in the MCU, and I admit I'm not entirely happy with what Sony does with him, but I'm not sure it would be a good thing if Sony gave him up entirely. At Fox, I like Brian Singer's X-men stuff but I'm skeptical about the new Fantastic Four movie (I am optimistic about the Deadpool movie that Ryan Reynolds wants to make). I would love it if they could bring all this together (especially for something big like Civil War) but I'm not convinced it would be a better thing for us if Marvel had it all.

Anyone else notice Andy Serkis as Klaw? Either a Black Panther cameo might happen, and the rumored movie in Phase 3 might be true. or we're gonna see Ultron's line up of Masters of Evil. I think Radioactive Man was referenced in IM3.

Also curious how Baron Strucker fits into this, Didn't see him in the trailer but we know he had Magneto's mutant childr... err I mean the twins with the unexplained powers.:thumbsup2

If they did sign a deal with Sony about using Spider-man in future Avenger films, his MCU debut needs to be an after credit scene panning over of all the damage Ultron caused to NYC then Spidey looking disgusted stating "AGAIN! I was only on vacation for 1 week!"

(I am optimistic about the Deadpool movie that Ryan Reynolds wants to make)
I lost most optimisticness when they stated it was gonna be in continuity and have the same tone as the other X-men films. I was really hoping for a bizarre 4th wall breaking madness that's kinda stylized like Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter