Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

IsleofDisney

Mouseketeer
The countdown has begun! This new land is one of the main reasons I'm renewing my annual pass! Here's info about the Marvel Avengers 'Land' at Disney's California Adventure.

As new information is released, this first post will be updated.

Disneyland Parks: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/avengers-campus/

Disney Parks Blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-june-4/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0408210414210001C

Twitter: https://twitter.com/i/status/1380264940003454976

Avengers Campus – Opening June 4, 2021
An All-New Land at Disney California Adventure Park

Team up with the Avengers at a campus they’ve created to recruit the next generation of heroes!

Disney California Adventure Park

Powered-Up Attractions

WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure – Opening June 4, 2021
Attraction located in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park
Wrangle rogue Spider-Bots run amok during this mayhem-filled mission—opening June 4, 2021 at Avengers Campus!
Any Height
All Ages
Spinning, Dark, Loud, Show Safety, Accessibility and Guest Policies
Description:
WEB Open House Goes Haywire
Embark on an action-packed adventure alongside the amazing Spider-Man! When Peter Parker’s helpful but otherwise buggy Spider-Bots get stuck in replication mode and escape from a WEB Workshop, Spider-Man must stop the rampaging robots before they wreak total techno-havoc across Avengers Campus. Problem is, they’re rapidly leveling up and becoming tough to beat!
Your task? Hop aboard a WEB Slinger vehicle and help weave a frenzied web to trap these arachni-rascals in true Spidey style. It’s up to you to unleash your inner hero and save the Campus from complete chaos!
Perfect for recruits of all ages—with no height restrictions.

Avengers Headquarters – Opening June 4, 2021
Entertainment located in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park
Encounter some of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and watch them spring into action to defend the Avengers command center!
Any Height
All Ages
Description:
The Avengers Stand Ready
The gleaming Quinjet that rests high atop the Avengers Headquarters building is bound to attract attention—maybe even some unwanted attention.
There are reports that the villain known as Taskmaster is plotting a break-in, and the Avengers are on high alert. Brave Super Heroes like Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America and Captain Marvel greet new recruits and scan the horizon for potential threats.
If Taskmaster and his gang of mercenaries do appear, our heroes are ready to defend the Avengers Headquarters, which would surely lead to an action-packed confrontation on the rooftop and all over the building. You’ll definitely want to be there to see what happens.
Who knows, new recruit, maybe someday you will join the Avengers on their next adventure!
Description:

Heroic Encounters

The Sanctum – Opening June 4, 2021
Explore the ruins of a mysterious ancient sanctum and learn the site’s secrets from Doctor Strange.
Any Height
All Ages
Description:
Encounter the Master of the Mystic Arts
You and your fellow recruits have been invited to visit the Avengers Campus, meet Doctor Strange and open your eyes to the mysteries of the multiverse. Don’t miss this once-in-infinite-lifetimes chance to learn the secrets of the mystic arts.
You’ll feel like time will stop when you come face to face with Doctor Strange and he demonstrates his mystical abilities. Who knows, someday you may need this knowledge to defend the earth, and our reality, from threats beyond your imagination!
An Ancient Site, Hidden for Centuries
For as long as anyone can remember, rumors of unexplained events and energies have emanated from a remote location in the hills outside Los Angeles.
In the late 1940s, a Stark Industries complex was built on the location. Decades later, Tony Stark invited Doctor Strange to the Avengers Campus to enlighten recruits about the mystic arts. Doctor Strange suspended the area’s cloaking spells and revealed the Sanctum to the world.
Come, discover for yourself what has been hidden for centuries. See the ancient ruins and learn from Doctor Strange about the long-ago battle that threatened to tear a hole in the fabric of time and reality, which resulted in the creation of the amazing Orb of Cagliostro.
The Orb is known to be especially active at night. Visit after dark and you might see the Sanctum flowing with magical energy!

Avengers Headquarters – Opening June 4, 2021
Encounter some of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and watch them spring into action to defend the Avengers command center!
Any Height
All Ages
Description:
The Avengers Stand Ready
The gleaming Quinjet that rests high atop the Avengers Headquarters building is bound to attract attention—maybe even some unwanted attention.
There are reports that the villain known as Taskmaster is plotting a break-in, and the Avengers are on high alert. Brave Super Heroes like Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America and Captain Marvel greet new recruits and scan the horizon for potential threats.
If Taskmaster and his gang of mercenaries do appear, our heroes are ready to defend the Avengers Headquarters, which would surely lead to an action-packed confrontation on the rooftop and all over the building. You’ll definitely want to be there to see what happens.
Who knows, new recruit, maybe someday you will join the Avengers on their next adventure!

Epic Experiences

Pym Test Kitchen – Opening June 4, 2021
Disney California Adventure Park, Avengers Campus
American, Healthy Selections, Vegetarian Cuisine
$ ($14.99 and under per adult)More Information - Range reflects the average price of adult dinner entrées (breakfast and lunch generally cost less), except Character Dining locations, buffet locations, dinner shows, and special dining events where range reflects the average adult price of entire meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Range excludes alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities except at dinner shows where beer and wine, taxes and gratuities are included.

Annual Passholder Discounts
Description:
Refuel with Ant-Man and The Wasp’s size-defying fare at this epic eatery—opening June 4, 2021 at Avengers Campus!
Hero-Style Dining
On an urgent mission to fight hunger? Head to Pym Test Kitchen for phenomenal food at unusual scales! Utilizing the revolutionary shrink-and-grow technology of Pym Particles, Ant-Man and The Wasp lead a team of research chefs as they pioneer a menu packed with massive meals, tiny treats and shareable bites that save the day.
This old lab facility-turned-quick-service restaurant features a seating area and bar amidst décor that incorporates remnants of ongoing experiments—gigantic soda cans, humungous condiment bottles and massive cellphones recycled into menu boards. Stop by to taste-test their latest innovations in food science and conquer uncontrollable appetites on the spot!

WEB Suppliers – Opening June 4, 2021
Shop located in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park
Snag the latest gear from the Worldwide Engineering Brigade.
Join the next generation of Super Heroes with groundbreaking, tech-centric gear from the WEB—opening June 4, 2021!
Apparel & Accessories, Pins & Vinylmation, Gifts & Housewares, Art & Collectibles,
Description:
Suit Up Like Earth’s Mightiest Champions
Prepare for action-packed adventures around Avengers Campus! At this one-stop hero shop, new recruits will find everything necessary to accept important missions at a moment’s notice—like cutting-edge inventions and other up-to-the-minute swag developed by the Worldwide Engineering Brigade’s brightest minds.
WEB members are particularly proud to offer access to some of their key prototypes, like the indispensable Spider-Bot. These friendly robotic sidekicks feature combat and defensive modes that keep you in command when mayhem strikes—plus, Avengers-inspired tactical upgrades are available to transform your Spider-Bot’s overall appearance and enhance battle capabilities for a blast of custom fun.
Other mighty must-haves—including at-home kits to create your own spider webs, spider light goggles and a special, WEB-enhanced backpack to carry and display your Spider-Bot—let you unlock the power to continue your own heroic story anytime, anywhere!

The Collector’s Warehouse – Now Open
Shop located in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park
Epic finds await at this treasury of toys, apparel, comics and cosmic keepsakes. Conclude your thrilling tour of the fortress by rummaging through an array of cosmic keepsakes and Super Hero-themed souvenirs.

Goods from Around the Galaxy
The Collector has acquired some unique wares on his travels, but now his lackeys are secretly selling some of the treasures.
Tucked into the ground floor of the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction are hundreds of items you might be tempted to add to your own collection like:
  • Super Hero kids’ costumes
  • Comic books
  • The latest Marvel DVDs
  • Super Hero costume-style and graphic T-shirts for kids and adults
  • Action figures, like Groot and the other Guardians
  • Toys for adventure play
  • Collectibles, including vinyl figures, trading pins, artwork and figurines
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!-themed apparel and souvenirs

Last edited:
How many rides will be in that area?

There are 2 rides planned for this area: WEB Slingers, scheduled to open July 18, 2020 and an Avengers ride opening at a later date.

Edit: If you include the current GOTG: Mission Breakout!, then the campus will have 3 attractions with the GOTG ride as the anchor.

Last edited:

Well, we had to cancel our trip next week because of Coronavirus, but we'll be rebooking in late July - right in time to see Avengers Campus / Marvel Land - which is definitely a silver lining!

I wonder how many others will do the same?! It's gonna be busy!!!

The hotels are more expensive in late July than they are in late August...is that a result of Avengers Campus opening date, or is it like that every year?

There are 2 rides planned for this area: WEB Slingers, scheduled to open July 18, 2020 and an Avengers ride opening at a later date.

Edit: If you include the current GOTG: Mission Breakout!, then the campus will have 3 attractions with the GOTG ride as the anchor.

THank you!. I think our next trip will be when our daughter is 40 inches tall and the 2nd Avengers Ride is open.

:sad: Our APs expire July 12th! We're taking a disney break for a couple years. Any thoughts about AP soft openings?

We were planning to go this April but are not going to now what with everything... looking at summer instead and the serious silver lining is Avengers Campus! Making us a little less sad about canceling / postponing (because SURELY things will be better then...)...

But MAN does Avengers look awesome. Very exciting!

:sad: Our APs expire July 12th! We're taking a disney break for a couple years. Any thoughts about AP soft openings?

There's talk on the park closing thread that APs may be extended by the length of the park closing. If that turns out to be the case, you may be in luck for an Avengers campus opening visit. Hopefully there will be some official word from Disney soon.

Anyone else hoping they don’t use boarding groups again? I’m guessing they won’t at least for the first phase.

The only reason why boarding groups were used for Rise of the Resistance is due to demand and more importantly the reliability of the attraction itself. Until things are stable they do not want a line out the door that they have to then clear out each time the ride goes down. I highly doubt that Web Slingers will have boarding groups, and when it opens I would say it may not even have Fastpass initially. I am sure a queue has been built for it, but it may be delayed similar to Smugglers Run. At this point no one knows.

Well, we had to cancel our trip next week because of Coronavirus, but we'll be rebooking in late July - right in time to see Avengers Campus / Marvel Land - which is definitely a silver lining!

I wonder how many others will do the same?! It's gonna be busy!!!

The hotels are more expensive in late July than they are in late August...is that a result of Avengers Campus opening date, or is it like that every year?

Yes, summer months, the hotels charge premium rates.

I’m really excited for the food- that was one area that didn’t hit home much for us in SWGE as picky eaters and this looks right up our alley.

There's talk on the park closing thread that APs may be extended by the length of the park closing. If that turns out to be the case, you may be in luck for an Avengers campus opening visit. Hopefully there will be some official word from Disney soon.

I just saw the announcement on their blackout calendar and I've never been so stinkin' excited! :teeth: I LOVE CORONAVIRUS! pixiedust: Talk about Disney magic! Heck yeah!! :teeth:

I LOVE CORONAVIRUS!
Lol obviously the virus is really bad but it’s helped me a lot more than hurt me. For example, choir tour to Universal got cancelled so now I’ll be going to Disneyland instead when the virus passes and Disney is infinitely better. Also I don’t have to do anything for 2 weeks so I can plan all the Disney trips 😂😂😂.

Found this article describing possible food offerings at Avengers Campus: https://www.eater.com/2020/3/11/211...gers-campus-california-adventure-food-preview

Though the menu is not finalized, I'm really hoping the Candy Bar stays on the menu. Giant Snickers Bar with a brownie base? And a 14 in pretzel? Yes please! I like that there's a whimsical element to the proposed menu items. I hope the chefs balance flavor for a broad taste palate versus trying to be too unique & sophisticated.

Are they still working on building the land during the closure? Could the opening date be delayed if they aren’t?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!