Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Purchase isn't final yet. Likely won't be until sometime till next year.

Though that didn't stop Deadpool from taking a shot at Avengers yesturday.

Db9ZJQbU8AE2Udi.jpg:large

Saw that - thought it was pretty great. Also liked this tweet:
84EA7E34-4337-4250-98BD-B9D6E81C3976.png

Posted this on the News Round Up thread but said I would go more indepth here on this thread:
So I saw Avengers last night.

I'm not sure what I think right now. Was it a good movie? Yes.

But I've still got some thoughts going through my head. I did appreciate the humor though.

So Gamora-that hit me. I enjoyed her as a character but I think it also hit me because of seeing how she came about being with Thanos. That sacrifice scene was to me emotional. But can I say I was opened mouthed at seeing Red Skull character.

Loki...oh Loki. He is that guy who wants to be soo bad but has good in him. I hope..that he's not really gone.

Vision I knew was coming but I will say ugh how hard would it be to kill the one you love. That was some serious strength Scarlet Witch had.

The fade outs..honestly didn't have as much of an impact as I had thought it would have with the exception of the already mentioned Spiderman. That hit the gut. The rest just didn't really. I do think part of it was realizing some would be back due to announced movies even with Spiderman..they did the emotion well but you knew he was coming back. It did make me nervous for the ones left..

I did wonder though when Doctor Strange said only 1 way--was he talking about the way it went with the 'fade out's? It made me wonder because of the whole gauntlet scene of trying to get it off of Thanos.

It was a good movie for sure. It was not my favorite movie of all the Marvel ones but it was still good. The jumping around was done well but it was a lot of jumping around.

I did wonder though when Doctor Strange said only 1 way--was he talking about the way it went with the 'fade out's? It made me wonder because of the whole gauntlet scene of trying to get it off of Thanos.

Correct. Since Strange had been the possibility he knew what Quill was going to do in that scene and made no attempt to stop it just like he freely gave over the time stone. He knew this was the path that had to be walked if there was going to be a chance of success at the end. The "snap" and the fade outs had to happen. Had to be very tough to make that decision and let things go that way but he knew it had to be. Think back to the beginning of the movie where strange tells stark "If I have to make a choice between your life and saving the time stone I'm going to protect the stone". Strange was going to make the tough decisions that had to be made and in this case it required (for now) scrificing the lives of half the universe. Tough stuff.

Correct. Since Strange had been the possibility he knew what Quill was going to do in that scene and made no attempt to stop it just like he freely gave over the time stone. He knew this was the path that had to be walked if there was going to be a chance of success at the end. The "snap" and the fade outs had to happen. Had to be very tough to make that decision and let things go that way but he knew it had to be. Think back to the beginning of the movie where strange tells stark "If I have to make a choice between your life and saving the time stone I'm going to protect the stone". Strange was going to make the tough decisions that had to be made and in this case it required (for now) scrificing the lives of half the universe. Tough stuff.
That does make sense.

Saw it again last night - still was so into it I forgot to eat my popcorn. popcorn:: We had a great theater last night - better than opening night which surprised me. The guy sitting next to me actually threw his popcorn down in a rage when Black Panther disappeared. It was kind of amazing, lol. I enjoyed it SO much more the second time. Now that I knew what to expect, I enjoyed the humor more and really appreciated the whole movie more. Some thoughts below:

• I can't get enough of Rabbit and Thor together! (Why hasn't someone made a t shirt yet?)
  • I'm still wondering what happened to Korg and Valkyrie - did Heimdall get them out of there along with other Asgardians before the start of the movie? Thor mentions half his people are dead...
  • That opening though! "This is a refugee ship!" That really got to me this time, I can't really put it into words how or why
  • I am more okay with Loki dying this time around - he ended on a noble note and as much as I want him back, it was a good end. I'm just sad he only got like 5 minutes of the film
  • I am more convinced Gamora isn't dead
  • I think I am the only person on earth who doesn't prefer Cap's look in this film.
  • I need this soundtrack
  • I really enjoyed more of Banner in this film. Banner is becoming one of my favorites.
I will be seeing this at least one more time with my BFF. Although GotG2 and Ragnarok will always be my 2 favorites, this one is ranked very high for me!

Saw it again last night - still was so into it I forgot to eat my popcorn. popcorn:: We had a great theater last night - better than opening night which surprised me. The guy sitting next to me actually threw his popcorn down in a rage when Black Panther disappeared. It was kind of amazing, lol. I enjoyed it SO much more the second time. Now that I knew what to expect, I enjoyed the humor more and really appreciated the whole movie more. Some thoughts below:

• I can't get enough of Rabbit and Thor together! (Why hasn't someone made a t shirt yet?)
  • I'm still wondering what happened to Korg and Valkyrie - did Heimdall get them out of there along with other Asgardians before the start of the movie? Thor mentions half his people are dead...
  • That opening though! "This is a refugee ship!" That really got to me this time, I can't really put it into words how or why
  • I am more okay with Loki dying this time around - he ended on a noble note and as much as I want him back, it was a good end. I'm just sad he only got like 5 minutes of the film
  • I am more convinced Gamora isn't dead
  • I think I am the only person on earth who doesn't prefer Cap's look in this film.
  • I need this soundtrack
  • I really enjoyed more of Banner in this film. Banner is becoming one of my favorites.
I will be seeing this at least one more time with my BFF. Although GotG2 and Ragnarok will always be my 2 favorites, this one is ranked very high for me!

When BP began to fade, I thought it was Okoye and got really upset. Then I realized it was T'Challa and I almost threw my popcorn as well haha!

Vision I knew was coming but I will say ugh how hard would it be to kill the one you love. That was some serious strength Scarlet Witch had.

not to mention having to kill the one you love, going through that emotion, and then having him brought back to life only to be killed again and for the sacrifice you made to mean nothing as he got the stone anyway

I put Loki in the same category as the Master in Doctor Who. They are the cockroaches of the galaxy who can never be killed.

But he's such a fun God of Mischief...Loki has grown on me, especially after Ragnarock - I hope he's still alive.

Saw it again last night - still was so into it I forgot to eat my popcorn. popcorn:: We had a great theater last night - better than opening night which surprised me. The guy sitting next to me actually threw his popcorn down in a rage when Black Panther disappeared. It was kind of amazing, lol. I enjoyed it SO much more the second time. Now that I knew what to expect, I enjoyed the humor more and really appreciated the whole movie more.

I saw it again as well - this time with my daughter (10) and a friend's family and their kids (8 and 10). The three of them sat in front of us and I couldn't help but laugh as everyone went to dust they were yelling at the movie screen - NOO Not Black Panther....You better not take Spider Man NOOOO....wait...NOT GROOT...Scarlet Witch YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! They were so funny and they haven't stopped talking about the movie since the weekend. I don't know how we are all going to make it to April!

Last edited:
I was sitting next to my sister, who didn't know it was part one of two (so the end really ticked her off!) and who had no idea of any of the comic book story lines. Before the very end I leaned over and said "'They kill Captain off in the comic book. I'm gonna be really pissed if they kill him!" Just to forewarn her. I would have been doing more than throwing my popcorn!!!!

But thankfully they knew better!

I was sitting next to my sister, who didn't know it was part one of two (so the end really ticked her off!) and who had no idea of any of the comic book story lines. Before the very end I leaned over and said "'They kill Captain off in the comic book. I'm gonna be really pissed if they kill him!" Just to forewarn her. I would have been doing more than throwing my popcorn!!!!

I'm going for my 3rd time tomorrow with a friend and her son who haven't seen it yet. She's not a huge comic book person but has really been enjoying the MCU movies and so I'm going to be interested to see their reactions. She's been told some things like I got asked today what movie we saw thanos show up at the end of because she was told infinity war started right after that (assumed that was Ragnarok) but I don't think they know what is coming at the end or if they even know it is a 2 parter. If they don't know I'm not telling. Her son really likes spider-man so I know the scene with stark is going to be rough (it was rough for me even on second viewing).

Is it officially a 2 part movie? I thought it was just Avengers 3 and then Avengers 4 is coming later and will pick up on the story, but didn't think of it as like Infinity War Part I and Infinity War Part II

I think anyone who died pre snap isn’t coming back.

I'm not so sure. Gamora you can easily make the case of the soul stone somehow bringing her back and saying that by thinking he killed her it fulfilled the wishes of the soul stone . Loki is Loki. Heimdall I'm pretty sure is dead especially with them giving Thor's Ax the bifrost power. No need for the later if Heimdell might come back. Vision is a big question mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!