Avengers: Infinity War trailer

A lot to take in just with this teaser ... so far everything looks great, but I'm not 100% sold on the new Spidey costume. Looks a bit like a mix of Iron Spider and Spider-Man 2099.

So I realize I might need to turn in my geek card but I haven't really seen many of the more recent Marvel movies ... which ones does one need to see before watching this and which ones are sort of separate enough that they can be skipped?

Based on the plot rumors as long as you've watched most of the films up to and including 'Age of Ultron' ... you'd probably want make sure and watch 'Civil War', 'Ragnarok', and 'Black Panther' to prepare for 'Infinity War'. If you have missed some before 'Age of Ultron', then 'Winter Soldier' is a must and probably 'Guardians Vol 1'. Dr Strange, Guardians 2, Ant-Man and Spider-man are pretty much 'stand-alone'

Oh boy. I can't wait. I need a sneak preview or advanced screening somewhere.....

Based on the plot rumors as long as you've watched most of the films up to and including 'Age of Ultron' ... you'd probably want make sure and watch 'Civil War', 'Ragnarok', and 'Black Panther' to prepare for 'Infinity War'. If you have missed some before 'Age of Ultron', then 'Winter Soldier' is a must and probably 'Guardians Vol 1'. Dr Strange, Guardians 2, Ant-Man and Spider-man are pretty much 'stand-alone'

Great thank you - based on this I need to see Age of Ultron (I think I saw most movies before that one, but then that was around the time I got lax), Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ragnorok, and Black Panther ... though looks like Dr Strange has a decent sized role in this film too so might want to see that as well just to get a flavor for how they are portraying the character vs the comics

Great thank you - based on this I need to see Age of Ultron (I think I saw most movies before that one, but then that was around the time I got lax), Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ragnorok, and Black Panther ... though looks like Dr Strange has a decent sized role in this film too so might want to see that as well just to get a flavor for how they are portraying the character vs the comics
I missed Age of Ultron but picked back up with Civil War. Black Panther isn't out yet. Ragnorok was awesome entertainment. I laughed all the way through. And I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Strange. If I had to guess though, you really only NEED to see Civil War out of the bunch. The others will help, but you can probably get most of it from context or just from drawing on comic book knowledge you may have had. The Infinity Stones weren't exactly an unknown item in the most common story lines.

Based off the trailer, Black Panther will be a must see for this (well and in general because Black Panther looks amazing).

This trailer was something else, got goosebumps watching it. I want to see Thanos don his helmet and to see his children, but I'm sure they're saving all that for a big reveal.

I missed Age of Ultron but picked back up with Civil War. Black Panther isn't out yet. Ragnorok was awesome entertainment. I laughed all the way through. And I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Strange. If I had to guess though, you really only NEED to see Civil War out of the bunch. The others will help, but you can probably get most of it from context or just from drawing on comic book knowledge you may have had. The Infinity Stones weren't exactly an unknown item in the most common story lines.

I was more of a DC person than Marvel as far as comics growing up, but I know the mail plot lines from the Marvel comics (like Civil War and the Infinity Stones). Not that I don't want to see all the movies eventually, just when you have 3 small kids it is hard to see movies sometimes and want to stay focused :D

Doctor Strange is one of my favorite of all MCU films. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

Doctor Strange is one of my favorite of all MCU films. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

I think he is just a lesser known super hero in general, plus he is rather different than others with it being more magic based, etc. - so probably looked a bit harder to follow based on the previews for that vs, say, Iron Man, for the non-comic book fan

I think he is just a lesser known super hero in general, plus he is rather different than others with it being more magic based, etc. - so probably looked a bit harder to follow based on the previews for that vs, say, Iron Man, for the non-comic book fan

I think this is the right logic. You don't have to be a comic book fan to know who Iron Man, Hulk, or Captain America is, but Dr. Strange? Thor kind of existed in that mid-range, but I think Dr. Strange is just a step too obscure. Then again, it doesn't get more obscure than Guardians really, and they took off...

So I realize I might need to turn in my geek card but I haven't really seen many of the more recent Marvel movies ... which ones does one need to see before watching this and which ones are sort of separate enough that they can be skipped?
Honestly, not really sure. The basis of this movie is Thanos getting all the infinity stones and activating the gauntlet. By doing so he makes himself "invincible."

The infinity stones have been shown in a multitude of Marvel movies:
1) Tesseract - in first Thor and first Capt. America and in Avengers 1- space stone
2) Aether - Thor 2 - Reality stone
3) Power stone - GotG 1
4) Mind Stone - was in scepter of Loki in Avengers 1, but was locked into head of Vision in Avengers 2
5) Time Stone - was in Dr. Strange - amulet he used to win the eye of Amagotto
6) Soul Stone - yet to be shown - was rumored to be in Thor 3, but was not. So I assume part of this movie will be finding the soul stone and acquiring it.

so you could get by just watching those movies, but keep in mind, almost all the Marvel characters currently in MCU are in this movie, and some that have not yet been shown(Capt. Marvel for example and maybe Wasp).

I think this is the right logic. You don't have to be a comic book fan to know who Iron Man, Hulk, or Captain America is, but Dr. Strange? Thor kind of existed in that mid-range, but I think Dr. Strange is just a step too obscure. Then again, it doesn't get more obscure than Guardians really, and they took off...

That's true, though I bet a lot of people that love Guardians have never read a Guardians comic book. I think the humor that the trailers showed, plus the retro music and the fact Chris Pratt is a pretty hot commodity, helped sell that one ... more than the fact is is part of the MCU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!