Avengers: Infinity War trailer

WOW!!!

Watched it live on Good Morning America on my big tv with the surround sound cranked. It absolutely gave me chills!!! Being a Marvel comic book geek from childhood this has the potential to be my favourite movie of all time!!!

WOW!!!

Honestly I wish this would have been pushed out, especially if Disney does acquire Fox and thus have rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four....those all together would only add to the fun.

I am wondering if that is why we still have not received a title for the 4th Avengers movie, it was originally going to be part 2 of the Infinity wars, now it is not.

The main reason I mentioned Age of Ultron would be that it's the introduction of the Vision and Scarlet Witch, and I think their relationship is something that may be central to the films moving forward. Possibly the only major point viewers need to know going into the film is that Thanos has been trying to gather 6 infinity stones/gems (mentioned in Guardians 1) and if he uses them together he can basically control reality. So far we've seen:

Mind Stone: Yellow stone in Vision's forehead
Reality Stone: Red Stone from Thor: Dark World
Space Stone: Blue cosmic cube from Captain America and later other Marvel films
Power Stone: Purple stone from Guardians 1
Time Stone: Green Eye of Agamotto from Dr Stange
Soul Stone: ??? Don't think we've seen it yet ... maybe central to Black Panther?

EDIT: Phicinfan beat me to it while I was posting ... also confirming that we haven't seen the Soul Stone

Honestly I wish this would have been pushed out, especially if Disney does acquire Fox and thus have rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four....those all together would only add to the fun.

I am wondering if that is why we still have not received a title for the 4th Avengers movie, it was originally going to be part 2 of the Infinity wars, now it is not.

With the potential to add the FF and X-men to the Marvel films I think that did change the idea to make Infinity War now 1 film instead of 2. Marvel could now bring in a whole bunch of new characters for the next few film 'phases' and still stay very fresh.

For what it's worth, here's my MCU essential viewing list:

Iron Man 1
Thor 1 (not a great movie but a lot of useful background)
Iron Man 2 (flawed but necessary)
Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier (my favorite MCU film; scenes from Avengers and Cap2 fill in necessary gaps from Cap 1)
Age of Ultron
Guardians 1
Civil War

IMO, those films provide a solid introduction to most--if not all--of the settings, characters, their relationships, etc. I have to trust that Infinity War will properly reintroduce key concepts like the stones.

Other films would help fill in gaps. Ragnarok is a good companion piece for Civil War. And it's a great movie, but not sure I would call it essential viewing. (It's POSSIBLE that you could remove Thor 1 from my list and add Ragnarok. But missing out on that early intro to Asgard, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Selivig and others may take away from Avengers and other subsequent films.)

Ant Man is another fun movie but you quickly learn most of what you need to know about that character when he appears in another film.

Iron Man 3 is pretty forgettable (and I say that as a Shane Black fan). Thor 2 introduces one of the "stones" but that's about it.

I think this is the right logic. You don't have to be a comic book fan to know who Iron Man, Hulk, or Captain America is, but Dr. Strange? Thor kind of existed in that mid-range, but I think Dr. Strange is just a step too obscure. Then again, it doesn't get more obscure than Guardians really, and they took off...

That's true, though I bet a lot of people that love Guardians have never read a Guardians comic book. I think the humor that the trailers showed, plus the retro music and the fact Chris Pratt is a pretty hot commodity, helped sell that one ... more than the fact is is part of the MCU

I LOVE Guardians, like 2 might be my favorite movie of all time. That being said, up until Guardians I could not have cared less about Marvel. Super heroes did nothing for me. Guardians was like my gateway drug, and I think it was because it was so obscure. It was funny and the characters are great! Now I'm starting to slowly watch others, because if they are in Infinity Wars, I need to know who else is who. So far I've seen Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Ragnarok. Of those, Ragnarok is easily my favorite, it felt similar to Guardians to me. I'm sorry, but I can't stand Iron Man, and Captain American I have no feelings about either way, and kind of lost my steam to watch all the backstories. I'm very excited by this trailer though, and it's re-kindled my desire to watch all the other movies!

For what it's worth, here's my MCU essential viewing list:

Iron Man 1
Thor 1 (not a great movie but a lot of useful background)
Iron Man 2 (flawed but necessary)
Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier (my favorite MCU film; scenes from Avengers and Cap2 fill in necessary gaps from Cap 1)
Age of Ultron
Guardians 1
Civil War

IMO, those films provide a solid introduction to most--if not all--of the settings, characters, their relationships, etc. I have to trust that Infinity War will properly reintroduce key concepts like the stones.

Other films would help fill in gaps. Ragnarok is a good companion piece for Civil War. And it's a great movie, but not sure I would call it essential viewing. (It's POSSIBLE that you could remove Thor 1 from my list and add Ragnarok. But missing out on that early intro to Asgard, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Selivig and others may take away from Avengers and other subsequent films.)

Ant Man is another fun movie but you quickly learn most of what you need to know about that character when he appears in another film.

Iron Man 3 is pretty forgettable (and I say that as a Shane Black fan). Thor 2 introduces one of the "stones" but that's about it.
Don't totally disagree here.
I agree with Civil war you pretty much cover Ant-man, Black Panther and Spiderman - although if you have time seeing Ant-man and Spiderman Homecoming should be done.

I still don't see the need for Iron man 3. I will add I am really confused of the clip of Tony in this trailer, as I THOUGHT I saw the reactor in his chest, which was removed at end of Iron man 3. Unless this somehow comes before...which makes no sense.

I also believe in my gut this will be the final chapter for original members of the MCU, with the focus moving to new characters like Black Panther, Dr. Strange, GotG, Capt. Marvel, and if Capt. Marvel is included, great tie in for FF with Kree wars and such.

I still don't see the need for Iron man 3. I will add I am really confused of the clip of Tony in this trailer, as I THOUGHT I saw the reactor in his chest, which was removed at end of Iron man 3. Unless this somehow comes before...which makes no sense.

(Potential Spoiler Alert....)

I try to steer clear of spoilers but I've read speculation that there's an element of time travel in Infinity Wars (time stone?) If so, that could explain reappearance of the arc reactor. Or just a flashback.

But yeah...Iron Man 3 is the one movie that seems weirdly out of place in the entire run. Other than showcasing Tony's PTSD, it barely ties in with the other films. The arc reactor removal hints at some long-term implications for the character (is he done? what drastic events will pull him back in?) But in the very next film (Ultron?), it's as if nothing had changed. And the relationship with Pepper requires a flow chart to follow from one film to the next.

Oh man I watched the trailer three times in a row! I'm sooo pumped. But also concerned that Cap has a beard.. I would definitely like to see more of Steve's beautiful all-American face, please.

The main reason I mentioned Age of Ultron would be that it's the introduction of the Vision and Scarlet Witch, and I think their relationship is something that may be central to the films moving forward. Possibly the only major point viewers need to know going into the film is that Thanos has been trying to gather 6 infinity stones/gems (mentioned in Guardians 1) and if he uses them together he can basically control reality. So far we've seen:

Soul Stone: ??? Don't think we've seen it yet ... maybe central to Black Panther?

EDIT: Phicinfan beat me to it while I was posting ... also confirming that we haven't seen the Soul Stone

I was wondering this as well...if not central to the movie, maybe its location is referenced

(Potential Spoiler Alert....)

I try to steer clear of spoilers but I've read speculation that there's an element of time travel in Infinity Wars (time stone?) If so, that could explain reappearance of the arc reactor. Or just a flashback.

But yeah...Iron Man 3 is the one movie that seems weirdly out of place in the entire run. Other than showcasing Tony's PTSD, it barely ties in with the other films. The arc reactor removal hints at some long-term implications for the character (is he done? what drastic events will pull him back in?) But in the very next film (Ultron?), it's as if nothing had changed. And the relationship with Pepper requires a flow chart to follow from one film to the next.

I think it was useful to set up Tony's hesitance to keep doing the superhero thing. But in the grand scheme of things, that's an aspect that could have been the subplot of another movie.

This trailer is amazing! I have waited for so long for this movie! My excitement levels are through the roof lol

Kevin Feige said the title to Avengers 4 is a spoiler for Infinity wars and would be reveled after that movie is released.

Spolierish speculation

Thanos is gathering the stones for the gauntlet and the major battle in the trailer is in Wakanda, seems that they are protecting the Soul Stone. So I think you are right about the Black Panther movie including the Soul Stone, maybe it has to do with their tech.

Oh man I watched the trailer three times in a row! I'm sooo pumped. But also concerned that Cap has a beard.. I would definitely like to see more of Steve's beautiful all-American face, please.

I am not concerned at allllll about Cap having a beard and being all angsty. Bring it on!

I didn't like Spider-Man's new suit, it's too shiny and weird. Cap looks fantastic (or should we say Nomad?) and I'm ready for some more Bucky/Cap scenes. I laughed out loud when something punched out Iron Man (Team Cap). Wanda's hair looks much better than it did in that promotional image. Black Panther and all his people are so great.

I also have this terrible feeling that Cap is gonna die in this film or the next one. Hopefully I'm wrong.

A lot of filming in ATL. Had fun wandering the one set and taking some pics. Even more now that I see it on the trailer.

24259308_10155404887554102_2055651048_o.jpg

These are in the right side of clip
2cfe17f1-bf60-44e8-b8ad-6b450bf70856.png

38e4daee-6a6b-4850-b72f-260c278a7cb2.png

This is left side of clip
22daca6a-6ba0-4547-af76-a7cf85926af7.png

There was lots of cars covered, props all over covered, cool to see how they
built faux fronts on lots of buildings.

242e778c-508c-4323-97a6-2fa455ad1170.png

23460376-9188-4e9e-89bb-3be3ba1301f1.png

24281784_10155404906154102_1211279733_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter