Avengers Movie

Love2Cruise2015

DIS Veteran
My family and I will be cruising the week of April 27 when Avengers Infinity Wars comes out and I was wondering if it should be on our cruise as I believe it’s a Disney film?

Yes. Depending on the actual dates of your cruise, you will likely be offered a late showing around midnight the morning it comes out as well as other chances during the cruise. DCL can confirm over the phone, but this has been their standard practice. Happy cruising!

Yes it will for sure be airing. We cruised the weekend The Last Jedi came out and the premiered it in both theatres thursday night.

Yes. Depending on the actual dates of your cruise, you will likely be offered a late showing around midnight the morning it comes out as well as other chances during the cruise. DCL can confirm over the phone, but this has been their standard practice. Happy cruising!
I don’t think DCL will confirm PremEars at sea until the day of. We were on Wonder for Wrinkle in Time and it wasn’t announced until the the day it premiered. It was also the case when other movies premiered when we were onboard.

That being said, unless there’s a technical glitch, the movie will be shown at midnight the day of release.

I don’t think DCL will confirm PremEars at sea until the day of. We were on Wonder for Wrinkle in Time and it wasn’t announced until the the day it premiered. It was also the case when other movies premiered when we were onboard.

That being said, unless there’s a technical glitch, the movie will be shown at midnight the day of release.

This exactly. They NEVER reveal it beforehand in case there is some kind of issue - technical glitch, the film didn't make it to the ship on time (I think that might have happened in Europe before) or something else. The last thing they want is to say it's going to happen and something prevents them from being able to PremEAR it. Some people would be demanding refunds of their cruise fare for "breach of contract". (And I wish I was kidding.)

You are so lucky! I almost booked the Dream for the weekend of May 4 for the Premear of Infinity War - good thing I didn't since they changed the release date.

Another reason they don't publicize the PremEARs in advance. Dates can and do change.

We wondered if they change the release date so that a Marvel movie doesn't open on Star Wars day.
I can see that.

Ours is even a Marvel cruise. But at least the fact it now opens the week before means we'll get to see it multiple times on the cruise rather than just once in the middle of the night!

If it PremEARS while you're on the ship, they will typically change the rest of the schedule for the time you're at sea to show it multiple other times. We were at sea when the last Avengers came out, and went to the midnight showing, and had to leave halfway through (3D show + rough waters = :sick:). We were able to go and watch the rest of it (as well as the first half again) several different times over the next few days at sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter