AVENTURA HOTEL INFO.......

I stayed here for 9 nights and overall I was happy with it.
I had a king room on 15 with a view of volcano bay.
I would say the rooms are a bit small - and would be worse with two beds - really more than two people would be tough IMO
The view of the Disney fireworks is quite good - wish I had known as I only saw them on the last night from the rooftop bar
I did not see any dust bunnies under the bed as others reported - but there was this white powdery substance - still not sure what it was - I thought it might be powder from a donut but it was in the halls as well - and i saw them constantly vacuuming so very odd - maybe some sort of cleaner
I like that they have soap and such in the rooms and not dispenser vats
Most days there were also towel animals in the room for those that like that sort of thing - but that really depends on the house keeper.

The rooftop bar was quite a disappointment - the view is nice - but there is zero atmosphere
The DJ seemed a bit forced and cheesy to be honest and there was not much interest in him
The food was sub par - I only tried the buns - but they were not hot and fresh and the meat was overcooked
The beer situation is ridiculous - I tried several of them and none of them were all that great - in addition they charge the same for PBR and Stella as they do for the craft beers
I was there the week of the Microsoft conference so that may have been a factor - 90% of the people in the hotel were probably Microsoft folks
I know from talking to some of the bartenders around the park it was not great for them

Luckily you can walk over to Sapphire and the strong water tavern is amazing - Lenny makes some amazing drinks
Also the Amatista cookhouse has happy hour so that is a plus and Diz is a great bartender as well

Back to Aventura overall I really liked Urban Pantry - but they do close at 11 seems like it should open later on weekends especially with HHN - even though the pizza place is open for room service - you cant order a pizza except from your room - that makes no sense. i did have the pizza twice - and although they could cook it a bit longer I was very happy with it.
I also tried a burger - but that was unfortunately overcooked

Transportation wise the bus is not bad - but it is often shared with CB - so it will be quite full on the way back from the parks.
On the way to the parks it seems to be an Aventura only bus.
Most of the time though I got the boat from Sapphire - it is much easier security wise

Anyway I will definitely stay here again if I am traveling on my own

Last edited:
I've heard that there's a walkway to Volcano Bay. In photos it looks like you'd have to cross the road & walk around Cabana Bay to get to Volcano Bay, but one review I read said that there's a dedicated walkway that goes underground & directly to the Volcano Bay entrance. Is this true? Has anyone experienced this? I'm trying to compare Aventura's route vs. Cabana Bay's easy access to Volcano Bay.

Yes there is a walkway to Volcano Bay. I would say it is about the same length as Cabana Bay's. It doesn't take long five minutes maybe. Keep in mind it's the same way they bring guests at the bus stop. You walk through the tunnel and up one escalator. These are both good hotels to stay at if you want to go to Volcano Bay.

I just stayed at Aventura for 8 nights in a standard room with my two teenage boys. We found the hotel clean and did not feel crowded in our room.

We enjoyed the short walk to sapphire falls boat, that hotel is beautiful to walk through as well. It has a nice walking path with crosswalks that leads from saphire falls to aventura. The bus was not crowded most times to go to the parks, but on the way back, the buses were on par with Disney resort buses. On the first day we took a bus from the parks to cabana bay, looked around, and didn’t realize the bus always goes from cabana bay to aventura. I asked a staff member how to walk to Aventura, and he said he saw most people walk through an intersection with no crosswalk. The intersection had at least 3 lanes in either direction. I did not like crossing there.

We ate at the pizza, wok and roast stations. The pizza and wok stations were excellent. All of the staff were super nice and seemed happy. We had to stay at another hotel for 1 night as the hotel was booked. The front desk staff remembered us when we checked in again.

We went to the game room once, and my boys 18, 13 saw a few 5 year olds playing games and decided that wasn’t for them. It looked like 3 cubicle like stations, and two people appeared to be playing against one another.

I sat by the pool a few times. It always looked clean, fairly quiet, and there was always a lifeguard visible.

The bell staff was great, we left our luggage there twice.

We got one refillable mug. It is a third of the size of the one you get in the parks, but to refill, you only had to wait 3 min compared to 10 min at the parks. The only reason I know is I watched 1 guy constantly fill his cup without emptying it until the message came up. Then he would wait 3 min, at the machne and continue to pour more into his overflowing cup. He seemed to want to browse through all the flavours. I couldn’t figure out what he was doing exactly. I sometimes got a message to wait 30 seconds or so. We only used it for pop and water, but there was hot chocolate, coffee ect there too.

The coffee maker in the room was one single serving cuisinart coffee pot. It had two decaf and two regular individual arabican 100% in the room.

I used the laundry room twice. It was always clean, and only one other person may have been using the room at the same time. It was $3-$3.25 depending on the setting to use the washer and dryer, and took credit and quarters. There was a vending machine, and a soap vending machine. I brought tide pods, and didn’t look at the price of soap.

People could only access floor 17 without a guest card, and the game room floor. However, any guest staying there could access any floor. Often I would get on the elevator and multiple people would ask one person to request their floor. I guess restricting access to just guests is better than nothing security wise, but if someone really wanted access to your floor they could probably get there without an access card.

We never went to volcano bay.

One weird thing that we couldn’t figure out though, was that when you put the wet white towels on the floor, they turned a coppery color. One night my ds 13 did not shower before bed, and his pillowcase also turned that color.

Last edited:

We have walked to Sapphire Falls and taken the boat a couple of times. It takes about 3-5 minutes from the Aventura lobby to the boat dock. We have also followed the path by the boat dock to Royal Paciific boat dock. That takes a few more minutes. The walk to city walk is about 15 minutes from Aventura. That is assuming a decent pace, but it is a really nice walk along the water. There have also been buses available every time we walk by the lobby but we have not taken one yet.

Thank you for this, this is very helpful. I didn't think you'd be able to take the Sapphire Falls boat unless you were staying there. Google Maps doesn't have the Aventura built yet, but I street-viewed behind there and can see where we need to go, and also how you can walk down the path to RP (or continue all the way to CityWalk). Great info, it will help us a lot.

Is there an in-room safe in the rooms at the Aventura or just one at the front desk in the lobby?

Hi all! A couple of questions if anyone knows! First, I remember there being talk of a hot tub but I am not seeing any in photos online. I guess that was scrapped? As far as I know I can still walk over to sapphire for that. And second, has anyone seen plugs in the lobby or bar areas?? I am scouring pictures as working a bit from the rooftop or pool bar would make me very happy. Thanks!

Does as anyone know which floors are considered skyline?
Thanks
The 15th floor is for sure. Not sure if that's it or not. We booked a regular kid suite for this past November and got upgraded to skyline. We were on the 15th floor.

This is the really convenient underground walkway from Aventura to Volcano Bay.View attachment 359805
This is misleading. Its 4 or 5 steps from the exit gate by the pool until you join the security screening que
The same que used by guests arriving by bus. The tunnel isn't really the Aventura walkway, it's the walkway used by virtually every guest going to Volcano Bay.

Last edited:
This is misleading. Its 4 or 5 steps from the exit gate by the pool until you join the security screening que
The same que used by guests arriving by bus. The tunnel isn't really the Aventura walkway, it's the walkway used by virtually every guest going to Volcano Bay.

Don't the day-guests (not staying at resorts) go through security back near CityWalk where they park at the transportation hub and then arrive by shuttle separately?

Don't the day-guests (not staying at resorts) go through security back near CityWalk where they park at the transportation hub and then arrive by shuttle separately?
Not for VB. You get shuttled from City Walk parking garage, then security is on the walkway to the VB entrance after you get off the bus.

IF they have had day-guests screened at CityWalk, Volcano Bay is set up so Universal could, those guests would still walk through the tunnel and would have a longer walk then guests staying at Aventura hotel.

Not for VB. You get shuttled from City Walk parking garage, then security is on the walkway to the VB entrance after you get off the bus.

IF they have had day-guests screened at CityWalk, Volcano Bay is set up so Universal could, those guests would still walk through the tunnel and would have a longer walk then guests staying at Aventura hotel.

Thanks for the info - will be sure to set our expectations accordingly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!