Average Minnie Van cost now?

dmdj232

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
On our last trip we loved using the Minnie Van service. The price was still $20 to go anywhere on property. With the new cost per mile setup, maybe we can get a list going for what people are paying to go from point A to point B? I know I've seen people guessing prices based on what the miles are in apps such as Google Maps but I would like to hear real world numbers.

Hey guys,
On our last trip we loved using the Minnie Van service. The price was still $20 to go anywhere on property. With the new cost per mile setup, maybe we can get a list going for what people are paying to go from point A to point B? I know I've seen people guessing prices based on what the miles are in apps such as Google Maps but I would like to hear real world numbers.
You can run estimates in the app.

Yes, in the lyft app. If you put in your start and end points, you can scroll through options. I believe MinnieVans are under the "Other" category.

The real world number should be exactly what the distance is in Google Maps x $2.X5 (don’t remember if it’s 95 or 75) + $15. Very easy to estimate.

Yes, in the lyft app. If you put in your start and end points, you can scroll through options. I believe MinnieVans are under the "Other" category.
I just looked on the Lyft app and the "Other" category isnt showing up when I select the to and from locations. I do remember when it first rolled out, you needed to be on property for Minnie Van to show up.

Hmmm, I’m not sure. Mine is working from Maryland haha. I was wrong, it’s actually is under “more”, not other.

Attachments

• EDD81F5A-B95F-4A5A-8F0C-E5E672A28168.png
    EDD81F5A-B95F-4A5A-8F0C-E5E672A28168.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 16

You can run estimates in the app.
Correct.

The app default is your current location, but you can edit that to whatever you want. This feature is often used to order a ride for someone else. So just edit the pickup point, enter your destination, and you'll get the price.

I just looked on the Lyft app and the "Other" category isnt showing up when I select the to and from locations. I do remember when it first rolled out, you needed to be on property for Minnie Van to show up.
It should work if you edit your pickup point to a place where MVs are available.

Got it to work. I was typing in the address of the resort for pickup instead of typing in the actual name of the resort. Thanks!! Are people tipping the Minnie Van drivers? When it first started, it wasnt supposed to be a service you tip.

Got it to work. I was typing in the address of the resort for pickup instead of typing in the actual name of the resort. Thanks!! Are people tipping the Minnie Van drivers? When it first started, it wasnt supposed to be a service you tip.
Yes, we've tipped every time we've used MVs.

Initially, Disney said don't tip and prohibited their drivers from accepting tips. But that went away quickly because MV riders WANT to tip their drivers...unlike Uber and especially Lyft riders.

I've never used Uber or Lyft. For our trip in June we are staying at OKW, and we have a breakfast at 9:15 at GF. I know some in our party of 5 are not the most...er...prompt, so I'm thinking of getting a Minnie Van. How long, on average, before our desired pick up time would you need to request a ride?

I've never used Uber or Lyft. For our trip in June we are staying at OKW, and we have a breakfast at 9:15 at GF. I know some in our party of 5 are not the most...er...prompt, so I'm thinking of getting a Minnie Van. How long, on average, before our desired pick up time would you need to request a ride?
I would not request until all 5 are there and ready to board. I don't know how MV handles cancellations, but a regular Lyft or Uber would cancel (with a fee to you) 5 minutes after arrival at the pickup location.

So I just put in for a POFQ to Boardwalk Inn trip and for a Minnie Van it was $22.93--less than I expected (I thought minimum was $30). ETA I did a second search and the price went up to $23.51. (And the price for a regular Lyft was around $13--but since I have a scooter I would need the Minnie Van if I went that route). I thought the Minnie Van was a set flat amount plus so much per mile--does it have surge pricing too?

So I just put in for a POFQ to Boardwalk Inn trip and for a Minnie Van it was $22.93--less than I expected (I thought minimum was $30). ETA I did a second search and the price went up to $23.51. (And the price for a regular Lyft was around $13--but since I have a scooter I would need the Minnie Van if I went that route). I thought the Minnie Van was a set flat amount plus so much per mile--does it have surge pricing too?
That difference is not enough to be surge pricing, and as far as I know MinnieVan doesn't use surge pricing. Most likely just a small difference in the mileage calculation for some reason.

If you have a scooter, you will probably want the accessible MinnieVan. The price will be the same ($15 + $2.75 per mile), but you have to order it by phone and availability is limited. Capacity is also limited -- I think the accessible vans only carry 4, including the person with the scooter, rather than the normal 6.

Check the Disney online info to be sure and to avoid disappointment.

I want to clarify something I said above.

The capacity of the accessible MinnieVan is limited, but if you need more room (up to a total of 6 passengers including the scooter), I believe a regular MinnieVan will be dispatched at no cost to handle the extra people.

Someone please correct me if that is incorrect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter