Average wait time for SDD

Jessbaby

Mouseketeer
in mid May mid day? We have two days in the parks day one is magic kingdom day two would be the other three parks. Animal kingdom has early magic hours at 8:00 so planned to go there then hit Hollywood studios. We definitely must ride SDD. Was going to use fastpasses there but I am really on the fence. We would just be making two other fastpasses for nothing and animal kingdom there is more we want to do. Should we use fastpasses in HS to guarantee SDD and ride FOP in EMH or fastpasses In AK and do FOP fastpass and get on other rides for EMH. Trying to make the most sense of things being we only have two days.

Well, there is no historical data for those dates since it didn't open until the end of June last year. I doubt anyone can answer that question accurately. If you simply MUST ride it, I would either fastpass it, or be prepared for a 60-90 minute standby wait.

Should we use fastpasses in HS to guarantee SDD and ride FOP in EMH or fastpasses In AK and do FOP fastpass and get on other rides for EMH. Trying to make the most sense of things being we only have two days.

If you only have 2 days in the parks you will not be getting a fast pass for SDD or FOP as none are available historically until day 3 or 4 of a multi-day trip.

If you only have 2 days in the parks you will not be getting a fast pass for SDD or FOP as none are available historically until day 3 or 4 of a multi-day trip.
We are staying three nights just not doing a park the first day as we arrive late.

My point is with only 2 park days you will be behind others with as many as 10 park days and they will already have all the fast passes reserved for Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage. You are not going to get fast passes for those rides unless they drop some late or you are incredibly lucky.

You are staying at a Disney resort, correct?

I have a split stay and was able to get FOP on our first park day, so 60 +1. Then on second stay I got SDD for late day on 60 +2 and early morning on 60 +4. Both FPs were the first I went for. So it is possible.

OP I would get an FOP and safari FP for sure and stand in line for SDD.

Oh also. They extended AK hours during my stay after the 60 day FP window and I was able to move my FOP FP earlier, so it is possible.

@ForMyBoys that is rare indeed. May I ask how many were in your party and do you know if, by chance, they added fast passes later due to extending park hours? Thanks

@ForMyBoys that is rare indeed. May I ask how many were in your party and do you know if, by chance, they added fast passes later due to extending park hours? Thanks

5 people in my party. For first stay, Sun Mar 24 I had no issues getting FOP. I did book at 6am sharp. At first I got it at 5ish. Then on advice from this board I went in to modify the time right away and it let me select 2:45. Then a few weeks later I got an alert from touringplans that park hours were extended. I tried to modify and was able to move it to 8:45am.

For SDD I got 5:45pm on 60 +2 and have been trying to get earlier but nothing so far. ;)

That's how we got FP for FoP and 7DMT for our trip last June. I kept checking after the hours were updated and there were FP available. They were for very early morning or very late, during the extended hours.

There were FP for FOP at 59 days this morning. They were for evening and a group of four. You can get SDD at 60+2 regularly. With that being said, they are evening FP's or late afternoon. I'd probably RD FOP if your group is willing to get up early and brave the mob. That way you can do quite a few attractions at AK and then hopefully have an afternoon FP for SDD. Just my opinion and my wife tells me it isn't always worth two cents :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter