Aviary at Discovery Cove

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
How was this? How big is it? Are there a nice variety of birds? Will they land on you so you can feed them? I have a son who is obsessed with birds and wants more than anything to hold and feed a bird.

The last time I was at DC, I stayed in the aviary for hours. There are 3 rooms in total, with dozens of different kinds of birds. And yes, you are able to feed the birds (whether they land on you or not is up to them. But they usually do, more often than not)

May want to go earlier in the day before they get too full from people feeding them.... we went later, and while some did come eat from us, most just looked at the food like 'Meh...' .

Earlier is better if you are really set on feeding them but it is a really nice place to wander through and have encounters at any time of day.

Yep. Go earlier and they'll land on you. I was pleasantly surprised in the aviary. I usually don't like them as I have a bit of a fear of getting pooped on. I really enjoyed it. You also get to float/swim through the aviary in the lazy river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter