Avis at Hilton Hotel by Disney Springs?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Has anyone rented from here instead of the airport? Is it easy and quick to walk to from Disney Springs? I'm trying to find a rental company that won't nickle & dime me or try to charge us for a scratch we didn't put on the car.. Or is it more hassle than its worth? DH is wanting to "experience ME" from the airport & back :crazy2: while I would prefer the convenience of a rental car. Ahhhhhh the joy of compromise....

In the past 5 or so years, I've started or ended one-way rentals at that Avis location at least 10 times. In my experience, I've never had any major issues. The biggest problem I had was misread gas level. But, that problem got fixed fairly easily.

It doesn't seem like the type of location that is going to scam people over a tiny scratch. Although to be clear, I don't own a car so I always purchase insurance through the rental firm.

I've never been nickled or dimed there. No one ever tried to sell me anything beyond what I'd already agreed to when I made the reservation online.

Of the Disney Springs Hotels car rental locations, Avis is the closest. Here's a recycled map showing the approximate distance from the Marketplace section (roughly near Earl of Sandwich). The distance (1,436 feet/437 meters) is measured from the farthest hotel room at that hotel. The Avis desk is roughly were the first bend is on the right side of the image. So, you're probably looking at about 1,300 feet (400 meters) for the walk

hiltonlbv-marketplace-distance.jpg

The only other advice I'd over is to schedule your pick-up not on the hour. By that I mean avoid 10am and do 9:45am or 10:15am instead. That was advice I got from that rental desk once when I arrived and had to wait in line. It's usually just one person working. The guy told me that everyone tends to choose "on the hour" times, which creates a line. Scheduling a pick-up a little earlier or a little later means less likelihood of a line.

Has anyone rented from here instead of the airport? Is it easy and quick to walk to from Disney Springs? I'm trying to find a rental company that won't nickle & dime me or try to charge us for a scratch we didn't put on the car.. Or is it more hassle than its worth? DH is wanting to "experience ME" from the airport & back :crazy2: while I would prefer the convenience of a rental car. Ahhhhhh the joy of compromise....

The walk from DS to Hilton is easy peasy.

Just keep in mind that if you're staying on site (you mentioned using DME, so I'll assume yes) and you rent a car, that you are now subject to nightly parking rates at your resort. So, you have to add that to your total cost consideration for renting.

Yes it is a quick 8 minute walk to the hotel.
To avoid the nickle and diming we rent from Alamo and check in from home. Print the paperwork and head straight to the garage and get into a car we never have to deal with the counter people.

To avoid the nickle and diming we rent from Alamo and check in from home. Print the paperwork and head straight to the garage and get into a car we never have to deal with the counter people.

FYI: That strategy doesn't work at hotel-based locations like the Alamo/National desks at the Walt Disney World Dolphin or the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. But, it is indeed great for large airport locations.

FYI: That strategy doesn't work at hotel-based locations like the Alamo/National desks at the Walt Disney World Dolphin or the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. But, it is indeed great for large airport locations.
Yes but you miss read their post because they were referencing avoiding being nickled and dimes at the "airport" not a hotel pick up in their post so then yes online check it would avoid it

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!