Avoid Budget car rental

cymbeline

Earning My Ears
Take a read of this thread which shows that Budget scam people and this has been going on since 2013 right up to now:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowT...24-o460-Budget_Car_Rental-Bargain_Travel.html

Just discovered that there are extra charges on my card and the agents lied to my face. This happened in Orlando and Philadelphia. I agree with the thread that Budget must be training their agents to con customers. Avoid at all costs. Never had this issue in 17 years and this was the first time I used Budget.

I had this with Budget at Sanford in 2013. Luckily I noticed the box was turned on, and turned it off before the first toll!

In terms of adding extras, they are not the only ones.

@dollar, they always add the return empty option if you check in at the desk. I've now got an express account to avoid this!

The trick with all of these places is to know exactly what you should be paying for, and reading the contract before you take the car away. If need be, you'll need to create a scene.

On our last trip we had a convertible booked with Dollar, and it was booked with Express. They didn't have any cars available for two hours. I just stood my ground, and complained to the supervisor constantly till we got an upgrade to a Special Edition Camero instead of the usual Mustang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter