Avoiding Spring Break Crowds a March PTR.

soontobewed07

DIS Veteran
Relaxing I doubt it with an almost 3 year old, but that is the goal.:thumbsup2

The Cast of Characters:

ME: Jill aka Mom(28)- SAHM to the Badookie who you will meet later. Lover of all things Disney a proud member of the CFWW's. Must plan at least one trip a year even went to Disney 8 months pregnant.

DH- Dada(37)- 1st Disney trip was our Honeymoon. Loves to make me and the Badookie happy and works VERY hard to make sure we fit in that Disney trip every year. He is a real character. A little like Goofy.

682-1.jpg

DS:The Prince aka Badookie(2 going on 14) He is the most amazing little man. Also a lover of all things Disney even took his first steps on the way to Disney. This will be his 4th trip well 3rd outside the belly and he really gets it this time.

467.jpg

189.jpg

350.jpg

The Details:
Dates-2/27/2010 to 3/10/2010
Actual time in Disney 3/1 to 3/8
Place: CSR
Dining: Regular old DDP and thrilled.

We will be driving down this trip for the very 1st time and will be doing most of the traveling at night. Hopefully the Badookie will do well :scared:

Looks great! Good luck with the drive. We drive from NH to IL a lot with my twins, and traveling at night and movies in the car are key! ;)

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

wooo-hooo...im the first one.

YAY so glad you are here!

Looks great! Good luck with the drive. We drive from NH to IL a lot with my twins, and traveling at night and movies in the car are key! ;)

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

I am glad I have someone I can get advice from. We are taking our Minivan w/ DVD player (or I would be flying) and I have 12 movies stocked away already. Any other tips would be appreciated!

So here's the plan:
We leave Boston on 2/27 at 4pm hoping that the Badookie will be okay in the car for 4 or 5 hours until he falls asleep. Then if we are lucky and he sleeps his usual 10 hours we can bang out at least half the trip while he is sleeping.
fingers-crossed-smile.gif

We will then stop for Breakfast and let the Badookie out to run around. Then it's back in the car and off for another few hours until Lunch. Now this all being said we plan on stopping no matter where we are by 4pm. If we are within 2 hours of Disney then we will just continue on and find a hotel near Disney property.[/FONT]
Our stay at Coronado Springs will be from March 1st to March 8th.

Plans once we are in "The World"[/SIZE]

Monday 3/1 - I had originally planned this as a rest day, but think we will be using it as a shopping and DTD day. Dinner will be 'Ohana at night and then sitting by the beach at Poly to watch wishes. [/COLOR

Tuesday 3/2- Magic Kingdom with Cindy's breakfast and then just a leisurely day of rides. I have planned Pecos Bills for Lunch and Cosmic Rays for Dinner

Wednesday 3/3- DHS and an early Dinner at Mama Melrose's This is a hard park to enjoy with the Badookie. DH won't go on rides by himself so we will be sticking with things the Badookie can enjoy :3dglasses

Thursday 3/4- Epcot and our favorite park. Dinner at Le Cellier (this reservation has been cancelled 4 times before :eek:)

Friday 3/5- A do NOTHING day which also means Chef Mickey's breakfast sit by the pool laundry playground Dinner at Cape May cafe and DTD. You know a typical rest day in Disney :cloud9:

Saturday 3/6- Illuminations the only plan for the day and Oh yea Dinner at Biergarten

Sunday 3/7- Packing Day :sad2: I hate this day and I don't like that word, but I am using it for this :rolleyes1
Animal Kingdom if we don't make it another day and ressies for Y&Y which is a hit of miss.

Monday 3/8- is our last day and our only plans for the day are hitting T-Rex for Badookie. Then starting the drive home and a stop whenever we get tired.

Those are the plans so far and I am sure a lot will change once we get down there. But that's the fun of Disney!

are you doing AP's this year since you have the next trip planned? and do tell what you are doing at HS. Katie and Badookie are soooo close I am not sure what all she can enjoy there. Although I know that she will be begging to ride all the big rides like sister. Remember Beth was the crazy kid who desperately wanted to ride rocking roller coaster and tower of terror until she was told she was half an inch too short. katie is just as crazy if not more

Checking in! Looks like you have your plans all made! :woohoo: Another fun-filled WDW vacation! I'm so glad you're going - you deserve it! I can't believe how big Badookie is getting - I don't think he'll fit in that suitcase this time - you'll have to get him his own seat :rotfl2: Oh ya - you're driving! :goodvibes

Looks like you have a great trip planned!

Please let me know how the drive was....I'm curious if my little man and lady would survive it...how many hours is it for you?

Can't wait to see your trip report when you get back! :banana::banana:

are you doing AP's this year since you have the next trip planned? and do tell what you are doing at HS. Katie and Badookie are soooo close I am not sure what all she can enjoy there. Although I know that she will be begging to ride all the big rides like sister. Remember Beth was the crazy kid who desperately wanted to ride rocking roller coaster and tower of terror until she was told she was half an inch too short. katie is just as crazy if not more

Luca is so small so we know he can't go on anything, but he wants to see playhouse Disney, Indian Jones and I am sure we will also see Beauty and the Beast. Other than that I am not too sure yet :confused: I think we will just go there after 2pm and see what we can get on. If we miss TSM then I will take him another morning.

Looks like you have a great trip planned!

Please let me know how the drive was....I'm curious if my little man and lady would survive it...how many hours is it for you?

Can't wait to see your trip report when you get back! :banana::banana:

The Drive takes 24 hours per Mapquest so I am assuming 30 to 34 hours. I will let you know how things go I am hoping well he likes the car and the DVD player so we will see.

Well when it rains it pours the heat went out last night and DH wasn't home he was working a 24 hour shift. Ah the life of a Paramedics wife not as interesting as you may think :laughing:

The repair guy is here now and it sounds like the heat is kicking in. Whew! Woops there it goes again :sad2:

Well how about I tell you about more plans ?
I found a great deal online for some Teva Mush's you see a fellow diser introduced them and I have been hooked ever since. (thanks Camster!) Well at 15 dollars a pair and combined shipping I paid 35 dollars for 2 pair and saved myself 19 dollars. :cheer2:
base_media

base_media

I also finally made a purchase that I have been eyeing for 4 years

245363_2542_41

I love this thing it holds all of our getting ready products I got the family size one and it is Amazing, HUGE and fits everything the 3 of us need for our 10 day trip WOO HOO!

Now things are in full swing here and I am so excited.

love the mushys. Tim is a backpack fanatic! I have several on my list now I need to narrow it down. Are you bringing a stroller?

love the mushys. Tim is a backpack fanatic! I have several on my list now I need to narrow it down. Are you bringing a stroller?

We are bringing a stroller we just don't which one at this point. The Maclaren is so easy to use and lightweight, but the Graco is more room to put bags etc... I think I am leaning toward the Maclaren just less to pack. I also have all of the accessories for it. The bag that hangs on the back rain cover long shade thing. :confused3

Now it has been busy here and with the impending snow storm we have been trying to get out of the house to get things we may need in the next few days.

I have also been eying Florida weather and I am getting a bit nervous it's only in the upper 60's which is warmer than here for sure, but not what we were expecting. Hoping it will warm up a bit before we get there.

Laura- I decided on the Maclaren for my sanity and knowing it won't take up too much room in the car.

We also booked the Nick Hotel for the first night because we are getting in a day earlier than we had anticipated. We got a great deal because DH is a Paramedic and I am an EMT they call it the HERO rate LOL us hero's I don't think so. Great deal though :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter