Away from the parks

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
We are frequent visitors and always looking for something new to add to our itinerary.

I know about hopping the boat over to Fort Wilderness from MK to eat at the Trail's End for a bit of a break from the parks but how about some other quick trips from other parks?

MK, EPCOT, MGM, or AK? What resorts are close by and what restaurants would you suggest for two people who prefer to eat their main meal in the middle of the day? DH is a bottomless pit and enjoys buffets and I am on a life style change (aka diet) and prefer low carb and high flavor.

Thank you for any ideas or tips.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

do not really know what your diet would entail but the Kona Cafe at the Poly is a quick monorail ride from Mk and I think vegetarian friendly if you want a lot of veggies and not a lot of meat . whispering canyon is also a boat ride from Mk ( same as trails end) at Wl but looks a little more meat and potatoes type stuff. Tyler (was on wdw transportation now I think at Pc )said the peppermarket is a 10 min bus ride (at coronado springs) from both epcot and mgm and has a food court type place with lots of choices

almost every restaurant has some kind of large salad with protein entree and a lot have veggie only options. never been to any place anywhere that doesn't have plenty of protein for those so inclined.

if you didn't yet check out www.allearsnet.com for menus

Yachtclub Galley has a nice lunch over at the YC (between Epcot and Disney Studios).

We had a good lunch at the Big River Brew and Grill at the Boardwalk (terrible dinner, but good lunch).

Grand Floridian Cafe has a nice lunch.

Jann, Kona does have some great and healthy meals. We have done the bus ride to the Whispering Canyon, did not know the boat went there as well. The boat ride is a nice change of pace.

Deb and Bill, glad to know that we are not the only ones who thought that dinner at Big River Brew and Grill was awful, so was the service. I will have t o check out the menu for the Yacht Club Gallery. Is that walking distance BTW?

I am looking forward to trying out Fresh at the Dolphin. Sounds like something wonderful. I have a friend who is going to try it out for me since she is there right now.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I love the new review section at the DIS although sometimes I do not recognize the places they are speaking of. Such a lot of variety in what we like and don;t like and so wonderful of Disney to provide something for everyone!

Slightly Goofy/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter