Ay, ay, ay..this boy of mine. I don't get it and I have to just laugh and shrug my shoulders.....

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital 50 miles away from where I live. I clump my days together, and stay up here so I don't have to commute as much. I work every other weekend, and work Friday-Tuesday. Overnights, so I go home Wednesday morning. I then have 5 days off, go back for Monday night and then have 3 more days off. So I get 8 out of 9 days of every other week, The payment for that is I am gone for 5 days every other week.

I left the kids a chore list this weekend. I assigned my 18yo DS the lawn. I usually try to get it done before I leave for the weekend, my DH is up in MA. I told all three of them I want the chores done by the time I get home on Wednesday.

Talked to him on the phone today:

Me: Have you mown the lawn yet?

DS: No

Me: (thinking, no surprise there) I think you should get it mowed now, before it gets too high, mowing high grass is a pain in the butt.

DS: No, I can just set the height at high, mow the lawn and then mow again on low.

ME: :confused3:confused::confused3:confused: :faint:

Seriously, I wonder if these kids grew up in the same house we raised them in. He is THAT lazy he is going to make more work for himself.

Last edited:
I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital 50 miles away from where I live. I clump my days together, and stay up here so I don't have to commute as much. I work every other weekend, and work Friday-Tuesday. Overnights, so I go home Wednesday morning. I then have 5 days off, go back for Monday night and then have 3 more days off. So I get 8 out of 9 days of every other week, The payment for that is I am gone for 5 days every other week.

I left the kids a chore list this weekend. I assigned my 18yo DS the lawn. I usually try to get it done before I leave for the weekend, my DH is up in MA. I told all three of them I want the chores done by the time I get home on Wednesday.

Talked to him on the phone today:

Me: Have you mown the lawn yet?

DS: No

Me: (thinking, no surprise there) I think you should get it mowed now, before it gets to high, mowing high grass is a pain in the butt.

DS: No, I can just set the height at high, mow the lawn and then mow again on low.

ME: :confused3:confused::confused3:confused: :faint:

Seriously, I wonder if these kids grew up in the same house we raised them in. He is THAT lazy he is going to make more work for himself.

I sympathize with you. Good luck on this thread..trust me.

lol sounds exactly like something my younger ds would have said.

He could come up with something like this and leave me so flabbergasted that I had to stop talking to him long enough to think “waaiiittt a minute!” Luckily usually by the time I called him back he would have gotten on whatever the chore was.

lol. That is pretty funny, the complete opposite of work smarter not harder.
:rotfl2:We have a saying at my office that if you want something done efficiently, give it to the laziest person in the place. They'll (usually) find the absolute easiest way to do it! Maybe not so much at @Disney1fan2002 's house though.

Sounds like my then DS at 18. He didn't have a real care in the world. He was figuring out stuff his way. And you know what he's done a great job of it. 25 now and I couldn't be any prouder.

It made sense to me. :confused3 Maybe he doesn’t mind cutting the grass, he just doesn’t want to have to deal with it right now, for whatever reason. But I’m also one of those incredibly “efficient” people @ronandannette mentioned upthread. ::yes::

My only response would have been "OK, whatever - sounds like you've got it. Just make sure the lawn is done by the time I get home."

For sure.
Dont get me wrong OP, doing it sooner would make his life easier, but it is his proble. To resolve, you have given him advise leave him to it.

I feel your pain.
Tommorow, is DGD's first day of school and she's holed up in her space doing homework. When we ended our together vac she had completed 63% of the homework pack. Since the middle of July her time has primarily been spent with her mother's family and whenever I spoke to DGD I'd ask how much further she had progressed with the work and received a proper non answer.
Procrastination is hard on everyone's system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter