[B]Concierge out did themselves again!![/B]

Pienut

Mouseketeer
I just had to post about the concierge again. They are truly fabulous. My daughter and myself leave this Saturday 6 days and counting. The concierge for the Wilderness Lodge, which is out of the Grand Floridian, just called to make sure everything was in order for our stay. As they had already been so kind and helpful it was very nice. When I expressed a desire to do something special for my daughter she was wonderfully helpful! I had read on these boards about having a charm bracelet delivered and more charms each day. When I suggested that she said thats great but what about a 'Mommy/daughter spa experience!' It was new to me that an 8 year old could get a mini-manicure but yup...they sure can. As my daughters new passion is giving manicures and pedicures that is right on the mark. For the same cost as the charm bracelet (for her) we can treat ourselves to a fabulous spa experience and then finish it up with dinner at 1900 park fare! :cool1: Paying the extra for the concierge is so worth it! Its a big secret and I had to promise to not tell her and the concierge said they would come up with something while we are down there! As this is all so short notice we traded phone calls for some time just getting it arranged. Disney is truly a magical place and I'm not even there yet! :flower1:

actually WL planning is out of the Poly.

You will enjoy the spa - my DD13 and myself did that in June and it was wonderful!! We had so much fun and the spa is very relaxing. The technicians were also very nice and professional!

I'm glad the concierge is doing a great job for you because they did NOTHING fro me. We stayed at the WL concierge this past December. I emailed them about our trip and they mailed me our planning sheet. I faxed them our requests about 100 days out - I'm a planner - and never heard anything from them. I called them about 85 days out to confirm that they had received the info - I had to leave a message. They called back and left a message saying they never received our faxed requests and to call them back. Well, I must have tried more than a dozen times to get through and all I got was a busy signal - I could not even leave a message -and I also emailed with no response. At this point I decided to plan the trip myself and got all the PS's and the sleigh ride. They never called again to do a follow up. I will never pay for the concierge at the WL again. Our trip was great and the concierge staff was very friendly while we were there- the food offerings were yummy.

I wish Disney would have plans in place so all Concierge planning could be as great as yours - you are lucky! Enjoy your stay and the Spa! :cheer2:

We're going soon and although I would love to take the time to pamper myself a bit with a spa, I would feel guilty... this is our first FAMILY vacation and we really need it. If I could go with my daughter (8 as well) we could both be pampered and she would LOVE it! What a great idea!

The spa is at the grand floridian. I am very excited and it was easy to make the decision because its just me and her! There is nothing like this here where we live...actually there is nothing right now but snow and ice!

cookielulu, I am so sorry you didn't get much help. It could be the time of year not being as busy. They have been so very helpful. I emailed my requests 2 weeks ago and they made all the reservations and emailed back in a day. Then they emailed a follow up last week and then again today they called. It must be hit or miss we've been lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter