[B}Important Info on Getting Resort Ressie[/B]

Redbudlover

DIS Veteran
I called today to upgrade from POFQ to a deluxe after checking online to be sure there was availability. Unfortunately the BCR that was available in the AM was gone by this afternoon when I called so I decided upon the POLY instead and so called WDW for the upgrade. I was told there was NO availability at ANY of the other deluxe resorts even though it was showing online that there was! :confused3

First I was told that if I tried to reserve on line that I probably would be refused when it came time to give them my CC. :sad1: Upon questioning her further I was then told that the people manning the phone reservations had a "different" inventory than the inventory for online ressies and that she couldn't access that inventory. :rolleyes: If that was true I thought there should be some way I could tap into that "other" inventory! She suggested I make a reservation online and then cancel my present reservation. No, no, no, no! THAT makes NO sense as I have the free dining which I would lose with a new reservation as well as having to pay a penalty for cancelling within 45 days. :crazy: (We are going 9/27 through 10/3) So, staying very calm and pleasant, :rotfl2: I asked her to walk through this with me again so that we could see if there was some way to make this work....

she then asked me to hold and told me she would check with guest services to see if they could locate anything. I was on hold for over 15 minutes, but I can be very patient - my DH sometimes refers to it as "obstinate", silly man. Anyway she then came back having "found" me a room at the POLY, my first choice after BCR. I was thrilled to death and very appreciative. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: It turned out then they had only found 5 days instead of six, but she went back - I held another 15 minutes and returned with the six day reservation.

I wanted to pass this experience along in case there is anyone else who wants to make a ressie or change one. Guest services seems to be the key - if there is availability online you can get what you are looking for with patience - oh and it might help if you and the reservationist are both from the same state!!!

PS - dont' you love these smiles!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter