[B]Need Help[/B]

Rodski

Earning My Ears
Was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to save money for a vacation.
As previously posted my boyfriend had some financial problems so we had to cancel our first trip. I'm hoping we may be able to go next year. Any tips would be great!

allearsnet and mousesavers as well as the tips and budget boards on this site all have great ideas. Saving change, setting aside a small amount weekly or monthly into a vacation account, selling on EBay, collecting air miles, using a credit card that pays a dividend on all purchases (mine paid me $275 last December) as long as you pay the amount owing each month and don't pay interest charges of course, signing up with consumer research companies and getting paid for things like taste-testing food, attending a Number One Club meeting at WalMart once per month for $10 and free muffins and coffee, the list goes on and on! If you have no pride like me you can get your hair cut fewer times per year and pass on any non-necessities like Tim Hortons, treats, beauty treatments, ........Good Luck!

If you mean to save and not spend I buy US money or a Disney ticket whenever I have extra cash. Even a $20 here and there will add up and then I am not tempted to blow it on pizza or something.

If you mean to save over and above your current income then why not sell some stuff on e-bay or pick up a waitress job for one or 2 nights a week.

Start a "mad money" jar or drawer.

We save ALL of our change, loonies, twoonies, EVERYTHING and once a month, we sit down and roll what we have. It's not hard to save $100 or so a month between 2 people.

If you normally go to Starbucks say with a $5 bill, put the loonie aside if you buy your coffee with $5... or switch to Tim Hortons and you can put $3.50 away everyday!

I also have a part time/freelance gig and that's another couple hundred a month set aside, I take any and all over time at my current job that could possibly be thrown my way, I tend to bank half of it as time off in lieu, so I never have to worry about running out of vacation days... I have less free time, but also that means less time to go out spending money at bars or clubs...

Good luck!

Our first trip to DW as a married couple with a 5 year old required alot of planning and saving. We were also going through some hard times with our finances so in that regard you are not alone; alot of us know what your going through. We figured out the bottom line ie: tranportation, accomodation, tickets etc and decided on a daily budget for meals/snacks and collectables. My DW found a nice (cheap) hotel in Kissimee for part of our trip and the other part we stayed in DW. (movies resort). It was the best vacation ever and is why we can't stop going back again and again. We now own a DVC at Saratoga Springs.
My tip for you is figure out your bottom line and stick to the plan you have both agreed upon to pay for the trip. figure on the best time of the year for you to go as well. For us was in Feb, the weather was great (warm and sunny). Have fun.
P.S. We also drove down and saved alot doing that as well.

STICK TO THE PLAN..
SAVE SAVE SAVE AND
MAKE IT HAPPEN ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter