B Resort: 11/17 - 11/19 Stay

sara_s

DIS Veteran
I stayed at the B Resort Saturday through today. I originally booked a Mousesavers deal that would not have me checking out until tomorrow, however we needed to cut our trip short by a day. I called the hotel on Thursday morning to ask if I can simply cut a day off the end of the trip and check out today instead of tomorrow. First, the woman on the phone said "No, that deal is a 3 day minimum and you can't deduct days." That is not true, and when I asked where that language existed, she said "Well you're out of the 72 hour window anyway, so you can't cancel." Okay, fine. I'll eat the price of the one night. I just didn't find it very helpful that the story changed when I questioned it. Also, 72 hours notice is pretty steep when most places give 48 hours to cancel.

The stay itself was....fine. The aesthetics of the hotel are very clean and crisp - everything is white with dark accent colors, so it's very modern looking. We were in a Captivating King room, which was HUGE. The tv was a good size and there was a walk in shower (our preference). We were on the 6th floor and it was nice and quiet, overlooking the pool.

I would say that while the look is clean, if you look at the details, there were some misses. The door hinges were all rusty, and the shower has no kind of shelving in it, so all your toiletries go on the ground. Everything was clean, no complaints there. The elevator was hit or miss, and we ended up walking down the stairs one night after waiting 5+ mins for the elevator to show up. We are Annual Passholders, so we opted to drive to the parks so we didn't have to Uber or rely on the shuttle from the hotel.

Overall, two nights was enough for us. We are on the prowl to find a nice hotel that is offsite for a good price, but close enough to the parks to drive. Anyway, that was my experience. Just wanted to share it in case anyone is wanting to know how the resort is.

We check into the B the day you checked out and stayed six nights. I agree, it was nothing special. We chose it for the 60-day Fast Pass booking and because we got a good rate through Mousesavers. Our main issue was with housekeeping. We never knew how many towels we would find when we returned each night. Sometimes we had no hand towels or washcloths. Sometimes there was just one of each for four people. I had to visit the front desk twice in one day so they could make a note of it. It still didn't fix the problem. Also, after three nights, we had been given only one small bar of soap. We didn't even have one for the shower and one for the sink. We also noticed that the floors weren't swept or vacuumed very often. Our room had a king bed and bunk beds for our boys. We liked that they could each have their own bed. But, the bunks weren't made up each day. The housekeepers would take off the sheets and blankets, fold them, and leave them at the foot of the bed. The boys had to completely make up their beds every single night. If the housekeepers weren't going to make them, we wondered why they couldn't just leave them alone? It was really annoying.

On a positive note, we did like The Pickup grab-and-go market. Our room was on the first floor, just down the hall from the lobby. I went to the market almost every morning to get breakfast while everyone was getting ready. They had a good selection of breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. The staff members there were always friendly and very efficient. The items were a bit pricey (to be expected in a hotel), but it was a nice place to duck in and grabs snacks and drinks.

We will probably find a different hotel next time, unless the B has a really good rate. Overall it was OK, but not great.

Our main issue was with housekeeping. We never knew how many towels we would find when we returned each night. Sometimes we had no hand towels or washcloths. Sometimes there was just one of each for four people. I had to visit the front desk twice in one day so they could make a note of it. It still didn't fix the problem. Also, after three nights, we had been given only one small bar of soap. We didn't even have one for the shower and one for the sink.

We accidentally left the “room occupied” sign on the door when we went to the parks. I called when we got back in late afternoon to get toiletries, 45 mins went by with nothing, I called again, then 15 mins later, they came to the door with a bunch of k-pods for the coffee maker?! I was so confused. Finally when I was in the shower, they knocked and gave my husband a bag of a bunch of stuff. It was a weird experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!