B Resort- Linking to MDX

gcarr1426

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had difficulty linking their B resort reservation to the MDX app? I spoke to the B resort and Disney and both said I should be able to do it and both blamed the other for it not working. It has been almost a month that I booked it and it is still not recognizing the reservation.

Has anyone had difficulty linking their B resort reservation to the MDX app? I spoke to the B resort and Disney and both said I should be able to do it and both blamed the other for it not working. It has been almost a month that I booked it and it is still not recognizing the reservation.
Did you book directly through B or did you use Expedia, Orbitz, or another site?

The Confirmation # has to be one that is recognized by the system. Some posters have had luck in creating a new booking and linking that new booking and then canceling out the original booking. This only works for you if the rate is comparable.

Directly through the resort.

Too good of a deal to rebook. Uugh. Many phone calls taking me in circles.

I believe you booked when the system was glitching on a daily basis. Resort reservations, onsite or Swan/Dolphin and DSprings, have to be directly merged into the MDX system on Disney’s end.

You may have to call the Disney IT phone number to see if they can track your reservation in the Disney system and link it to your MDX. Or, ask B if they can give you a new confirmation number and then try linking it in a day or so.

It took nearly 3 weeks for my B resort reservation to be linkable in MDE. Annoyingly, the B Resort folks stopped replying to my (reasonable) email requests for help. Luckily, it seems to have worked itself out though.

Yes, I had the same experience. Everyone finger pointed to the other side. Apparently there are 2 different confirmation numbers and you need one of them to link to MDX. Mine took 4 calls, 2 or 3 emails, and cursing my choice before it finally linked. Approx. 2 weeks.

The confirmation numbers are a RR # and a numeric 8-digit #. I can't remember which one did the trick.

I had a reservation for 2 weeks, it wouldn't link, I called the resort and was given a different number to use, that also didn't work. The woman from B Resort seemed to imply that trouble linking happens a lot. I made another reservation, for actually $30 cheaper, the new reservation linked within 2 days. I cancelled the original reservation.

I got mine to work with the original confirm number when booking directly from the hotel but it was odd though.
On MDE it assumed I had 4 adults and 4 kids even though I had 2 and 2 so I had to make up names for them and when I did that I was able to do FP+ 60 days out. Too bad I can't book twice as many fastpasses! the names are still there but I'm afraid to delete them haha
According to the person I talked to at B resort that is Disney's fault :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter