B Resort or Dolphin?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked at the B Resort in March, but I found a room at the dolphin for what seems like a great deal! But, it is about $200 more for the stay. We have never stayed at either and are only planning to go to Epcot and HS. Does the convenience factor and hotel amenities make the dolphin worth the extra money? It will be me DH, DS 18, DS 14, and DD 12.

I've stayed at the B and the Beach Club, which is in the same area as the Dolphin. I would switch in a heartbeat for that deal, especially since you're only going to Epcot and HS. You wouldn't have to set foot on a bus once you're there :)

Yes, switch! Great hotel, great pools and so worth $200 more not to have to even think about transportation. Walk to both parks.

Dolphin! Not even a question. The location is amazing. I cannot stress how amazing it is to walk to two parks and not have to rely on Disney transport at the end of the night or to pop back to your room or the pool. And speaking of pools, the Swolphin pool complex is fantastic. You won't find a waterslide at the B. With your teens, that walking distance can make all the difference in allowing them to have some freedom to come and go on their own, as your comfort level dictates.

The ONLY thing that would make me pause in your situation is if you don't think everyone would sleep well in double beds. The Dolphin can accommodate your whole party in one room because the two double beds allow room for a rollaway.

I think you're getting an overwhelming answer to switch...which doesn't often happen on the DIS...if ever

I stayed at Holiday Inn DS & Dolphin & I too would switch & earn Marriott points

I have been pricing the Dolphin/Swan and I am just so annoyed at the "Extra Person Charge" for my two children. $50 per night. I have been reading all the blogs and what most do at other Marriott resorts is just put two adults and then show up with two kids - but with the Disney FP and meal reservations, you can't do that. I may just stay put with the Hilton BC since that is a freebie stay on points.

I have been pricing the Dolphin/Swan and I am just so annoyed at the "Extra Person Charge" for my two children. $50 per night. I have been reading all the blogs and what most do at other Marriott resorts is just put two adults and then show up with two kids - but with the Disney FP and meal reservations, you can't do that. I may just stay put with the Hilton BC since that is a freebie stay on points.

My understanding is that this is a glitch with the Marriott system that creates the extra charges for any "extra" people. You'd think they'd have a way to designate them as children, but apparently not.

I think you can put two adults on the reservation, pay, and then call the Swophin and have the children added to the reservations. I think there's also a way in MDE to add people to the MDE reservation that bypasses the Swolphin. Last year, DH booked us a room at the Swan, but - brilliant man - only put himself on the reservation (in fairness, he knows nothing about FP or Disney Planning, so had no idea that the rest of us would need to be listed by name). So, I went to book our fast passes and I wasn't there. After a call to the Swan, I was added to the reservation, but they just made a note of 'two children' without their names. In MDE, I added the children. There was a place that said something like "who's going?" and I matched it up to our sons whose profiles were in MDE. It was last fall, so I'm a little hazy on the details, but we definitely did NOT pay extra for the children. We have been to multiple Marriott/Starwood properties in several states over the last few months, and we didn't pay extra per person fees for our children any of those times.

Of course, a freebie at Hilton BC is a pretty sweet deal at a beautiful hotel.

It’s just a glitch. I had the same situation and called Marriott. Someone called me back from the Swolphin and confirmed that children under 18 are no extra cost. It will show on the reservation but they will not charge you at the hotel. You can remind them at check in that it is 2 adults and 2 children.

I've stayed there twice in the last year and can confirm that you do NOT get these extra person charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter