B2B on the Dream! What's the scoop?

Jessica_of_FL

Mouseketeer
Hi all! My family has booked B2B sailings on the Dream in March 2022 (a 3nt and then a 4nt). It will be our 4th and 5th cruises (hello Gold!) and will complete our Grand Slam (we sailed the Fantasy it's first summer, the Wonder on a WBPC, and the Magic out of Miami).

We are excited about having two stops at Castaway Caye, but are there other benefits to a B2B? How about disadvantages?

Can I get the photo package for the full length of stay?
Will I get first shot for all onboard booking opportunities on the 2nd cruise (i.e beverage tastings and Petites Assiettes de Remy)?
How does the last day of the 1st cruise and the first day of the 2nd cruise work?

Thank you for any insights :)

We did a B2B on the Dream in January and had a great time.

Photo package: don't know, never bought one.
You will book your first cruise activities when your window (silver) opens. You book your second cruise activities when that window opens. B2B is not connected and is considered two separate cruises (that's why you have to disembark and check-in for the second cruise).
The night before the end of cruise 1 you will receive instructions on how/when to disembark and embark for cruise 2. We waited until most got off the ship. Get your documents (your paperwork for cruise 2, passports, etc.), go through customs, exit the building, go right back into the building (now this is for PC), go through the xray/scanner, up the escalator, in-process like it is a new cruise, wait in the concierge lounge until they are ready for you and proceed with the boarding procedures. They will not announce your family because the CMs are busy working.

Benefits: the laundry rooms are empty, the ship is empty, great wandering around time. You can return to your stateroom if you desire. NOW, once the rest of the passengers are starting to board, you can't go back and forth/to-and-from your room. We went to lunch as soon as it opened, just before the new passengers boarded that way we could get back to our room.

Disadvantages: Only if you book two different rooms and have to pack up then unpack. Your stateroom host will move the physical luggage to the new room.
Enjoy your cruises on the Dream.

We did B2B on the Dream a couple of years ago for DH birthday. We are platinum and were able to book a cabana on the first (3 night) part but not on the 2nd (4 night). I think more newbies on the 3 night cruise. We were also able to book the same rooms (connecting rooms) so no need to pack up and have room stewards move the luggage. That was a good advantage.

I don't know about photo package. We got all of the tastings we wanted but assume that was because we are able to book early due to platinum. If you are gold before the first of the back to back, your booking window opens earlier. If you will be gold on the 2nd part, it does not apply because you have to be gold before you can book earlier. Does that make sense?

Last day - first day - I did laundry the morning of the last day of the first part of the trip. Laundry was wide open, no one else doing it. I was up early so I washed and dried before we disembarked. Our travel relatives, washed before disembarking and dried when we got back on.

Process - make sure your room steward and your dining team know you are back to back - you can request same dining team and they will make it happen. Make sure the room steward gets you the 'paperwork' you'll need to disembark. (ours did not)

You should not get off too early. We waited in the atrium until most of the people were off and the line to get off is shorter.. (travel mates put her clothes in the dryer, just before we got off.) You have to go through customs, as you would any other cruise, so make sure you have your passports and ids, etc. And something to keep you occupied during your time off the ship.

After you go through customs, you go back up the elevator and check in again and go to the 'concierge' waiting area. We were off the ship for about 1 hr. Travel mates were able to check the kids into the kids club again while waiting. Getting back on the ship is simple but no pictures and no introductions when entering the ship (I did my own :-) ) We went to Guest Services to get on a wait list for a Cabana (did not happen) and then we could go back to our room. Travel mate finished her laundry. We went to Cove cafe (it was open) got a refreshment and then the kids went on the Aqua duck numerous times. It was very relaxing, this 2nd embarkation. Not as rushed as embarkation usually is. We liked it. We enjoyed Castaway Cay twice, almost did not dock on the 2nd time but we made it. We do not do Nassau, and treat it like a sea day.

I would do it again. Only negative I would say if they are not strict on keeping under age people out of the adult areas on the 3 day cruise.

You will not be able to use a single photo purchase for both cruises, unless things have changed.

In addition to what has already be mentioned:
Pros: 2 cruises! Double CC, weather permitting.
Cons: You lose most of a day on the turnover day between cruises. You may get back on the ship a while before the new cruisers or it may be only minutes, depending on circumstances.
2 stops at Nassau, especially if you've been before.

Same menus (could be a pro or con depending on your tastes) versus 7 different menus on a normal 7nt.
Same entertainment (could also be a pro or con)

Hi there! COngrats on making your grand slam. I've done B2B on the Dream and the Fantasy so I hope I can help. T

The photo people will likely only be able to give you a discount on the package. They are two separate trips.

You will not be able to get gold castaway club benefits until AFTER you complete your 5th cruise. So you will still be silver for that second sailing. You will be able "in theory" to be the first person to sign up for any onboard bookings related to the second sailing since generally B2B cruisers are admitted onto the ship first. The dining room staff probably won't be available when youfirst board to make reservations, but I have been able to do all of that on the first cruise. Your head server will ask if you want the same serving staff for example. You can also make a Palo reservation for the second cruise while on the first. You can visit guest services and ask for the cabana waitlist if that interests you.

Some tips:
Take a little something to do when you get off the boat. Deck of cards, books, etc. You may spend longer than you thought. You can also ask to sit in the concierge waiting area, but they may disallow that for a variety of reasons (too many B2B, special VIP). When you get on board go visit the coffee bar in the adult section. Everything should be free since no other food services will be open during the time until they allow new guests on board.

You can either go to your room, or not. But don't go back and forth as other guests will be staked out in the stair wells waiting to get to their rooms when they first open. So be sure if you go to your room, try and do it before other guests are foaming to get to their rooms. People may think that the rooms are open and start self removing the barricades.

@DynamicDisneyDuo has echoed some of our observations from a B2B. Shows are the same. Menus are the same. Trivia and games are the same. For us it was like repeat, especially the dining. The 3 night cruises are a total rush and the energy is different vice a 4 night or longer. It was a great trip, don't get me wrong. The staff who know you are on 2 cruises are really happy to make you a rock star!

Hi all! My family has booked B2B sailings on the Dream in March 2022 (a 3nt and then a 4nt). It will be our 4th and 5th cruises (hello Gold!) and will complete our Grand Slam (we sailed the Fantasy it's first summer, the Wonder on a WBPC, and the Magic out of Miami).

We are excited about having two stops at Castaway Caye, but are there other benefits to a B2B? How about disadvantages?

Will I get first shot for all onboard booking opportunities on the 2nd cruise (i.e beverage tastings and Petites Assiettes de Remy)?
How does the last day of the 1st cruise and the first day of the 2nd cruise work?

I like that it makes it seem like a longer cruise. But the turn around day is pretty much a "lost day" and you still have to get up at o-dark-thirty that morning.

The photo packages are only available per cruise.
Your activity booking window opens separately for each cruise 90 days out.
You will be asked at the end of the first cruise if you wish to keep the same serving staff/dining rotation. On the turnover day, you are the last to debark the ship. You do have to wait until check in in the terminal is ready before you can check in for the next cruise. Once back onboard, there's not a lot open (Quiet Cove for snacks for everyone), no pool. You can go to your room, and have the option (once new cruisers start boarding) to either remain in your room until everyone has access to their rooms or staying out of your room until that time.

Some tips:
Take a little something to do when you get off the boat. Deck of cards, books, etc. You may spend longer than you thought. You can also ask to sit in the concierge waiting area, but they may disallow that for a variety of reasons (too many B2B, special VIP). When you get on board go visit the coffee bar in the adult section. Everything should be free since no other food services will be open during the time until they allow new guests on board.

Thank you for the tip to bring entertainment to the terminal! Will definitely do!

Negative for us, you have to do two safety drills. I hate those the most of anything and to having to do it twice was a PITA. If there is a permanent change to this and you can watch it in your cabin then just report in, that would be a game changer. Would make it much better.
Also, we found the change over day was a throw away day. Lots of wasted time. But that is just how we feel, others don't mind it so much.

There are NO disadvantages to a BTB, except maybe that it is not a BTBTB! We did two double dip cruises on the Dream BTB last summer. It was fantastic, especially being able to keep everything in our cabin for both cruises and being the first back on board.

On our B2B, Cove Cafe was not free. We had to pay for our drinks. I had read it was free, but it wasn't for us.

On our B2B, Cove Cafe was not free. We had to pay for our drinks. I had read it was free, but it wasn't for us.
Food is free there right? But the drinks you pay for...

I wonder if there is a liqueur store near by so you could buy some more wine or beer, then you can take it back to your room and relax while they let everyone in.

Food is free there right? But the drinks you pay for...

I wonder if there is a liqueur store near by so you could buy some more wine or beer, then you can take it back to your room and relax while they let everyone in.
If you leave the building you will not be able to reboard until everyone else is able to board. They will not let you back in the building until doors open.

I've done that exact B2B before. You can't get one photo package for both cruises because almost everything is reset between cruises. So if you see a photo you like on the first cruise- you need to get it on that cruise as it won't be there on the next one. Same thing goes for things like your OBC- it won't carry over to the next cruise if you don't use it. We even had to do things like set up the cruise chat app again to use it for the second cruise.

As for booking onboard activities for the second cruise- just head over to the booking desk as soon as you're let back on for the second cruise. You won't be able to book that during the first cruise because everything resets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter