BA or Virgin from LGW to MCO?

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
Never flown BA but it's costing the same to fly Economy both ways with VA as it is to fly economy out and Premium Economy home with BA.

We want the extra case coming home so will pay another £65 each if we fly with VA - just not sure who to book with.

I think the fact that you can't book your seats until 24 hours before you fly is what's putting me off booking BA............ any thoughts?
Thank you :thanks:

They're very similar so I would go with the best price tbh. I've paid to book my seats with BA this September but, not being able to book until 24 hours out, wouldn't bother me - it was always like that with Virgin until they changed last year.

They're very similar so I would go with the best price tbh. I've paid to book my seats with BA this September but, not being able to book until 24 hours out, wouldn't bother me - it was always like that with Virgin until they changed last year.
How did you pay to book? I didn’t see that option when I looked at the fares x

We have done both.
The past 2 trips were with Virgin & we had premium economy.
For us Virgin were a little better for 2 reasons.
1. Booking your seats months in advance. ( we love the being in the bubble)
2. Taking your Luggage over to the Airport the night before is great.

But if Virgin were not an option then we would go back to BA.

Yeah I think from my recollection on BA the option to pay to book seats comes up once the flight is booked rather than at the time of booking.

Thank you to everyone who helped answer my question :flower1:
I've decided to book BA - economy out and PE back home.
Thought it was time to have a change so that we can, maybe, offer a comparison if someone else asks a similar question in the future :sunny:

Yeah I think from my recollection on BA the option to pay to book seats comes up once the flight is booked rather than at the time of booking.
It did, and I've paid to book them :flower1:
Thank you all :thanks:

We have done both.
The past 2 trips were with Virgin & we had premium economy.
For us Virgin were a little better for 2 reasons.
1. Booking your seats months in advance. ( we love the being in the bubble)
2. Taking your Luggage over to the Airport the night before is great.

But if Virgin were not an option then we would go back to BA.
And don't forget Disney spring check-in when you fly back

We fly with either of them, find them much of a muchness to be honest, so book whoever comes up with the best prices. If you fly midweek, BA often have some amazing prices for business, we got our inbound flight in April with them for £600.

How did you pay to book? I didn’t see that option when I looked at the fares x
Always fly PE with Virgin - always pre-booked seats well in advance (seat booking is available as soon as the flight "opens" which is 330 days before departure if I remember correctly) and have never paid for the privilege. Last 6 flights were Orlando and return in 2016 and 2018 then to Hong Kong on way to NZ and from Shanghai on return from NZ earlier this year.

Say what now? How come I've never heard of this before? Somebody care to fill me in?

(That was a lot of question marks. I can only apologise. Got a bit carried away. )
Virgin has a check-in beside the Cirque de Soleil building and also have a coach pick-up at the car park for those who don't have a car. You can check-in your luggage there in the morning and then spend your last day in Disney Springs before getting to the airport, or catching the bus, later in the afternoon.

We priced up both for our vacation next year. BA came out cheaper to fly from Gatwick than Virgin at either Gatwick or Manchester for the dates we wanted. Even travelling costs to and from the airport and the price of an overnight stay at an on-site hotel were included in that budget and we still save money. Having never booked with BA before and fancying a change as well as saving some money we went ahead and booked with them for the first time ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!