BA pilot strikes this August

katytrott

DIS Veteran
I have a very unhappy household and 2 very anxious boys - years saving and planning our trip this Aug and we hear today about the potential BA pilot strikes. We’re flying LGW to Tampa 15th Aug

I’ve not experienced this before and wondered if anyone here has and could give us any info on how it works? Are BA contractually obliged to get us there or could we end up just having compensation? Obviously losing our money on flights for 5 in Aug would be terrible, so compensation is vital, but we all really want the holiday - not to mention the money we would lose on park tickets.

Thanks everyone

I’ve just seen this too... first time I’ve booked with BA and it will be the last. You never get talk of strikes with virgin!

Completely agree! I did doubt if I should go ahead with BA for a bit back when I booked the flights last year, knowing how much safer Virgin are, but it was a better price. The cheaper price is not worth the hassle, worry and potential loss of holiday
Argh!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rline-cancelled-union-balpa-a9015001.html?ampFor those affected here’s an article I found by Simon Calder travel journalist with independent and BBC. Interesting, but doesn’t help concerns significantly!

What I find particularly difficult to swallow is the number of families they are affecting, as 11.3% pay rise over 3 years isn’t enough - they should come and join me as a nurse in the NHS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter