Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

....at least the sun finally came out....but still relatively chilly here....

.....well, THAT'S a dumb idea.....didn't you just say that it's GONE? Silly girl.....

.....well, THAT'S a dumb idea.....didn't you just say that it's GONE? Silly girl.....

Just checking to see if you were paying attention. :teeth:

(But visiting me isn't a dumb idea! RachelTori had a GREAT time....and I even sent her home in one piece).

I posted pictures for objective evidence. And it's not MY fault that RachelTori's cruise ship brought her back to Melbourne AFTER I dropped her off. :rolleyes1

Wow, that's some serious reno work you have going on, Kimmar! Awesome! We actually had our house done last summer, new siding, roof, windows, etc. Actually, long story, we had a house fire during the construction (and I was newly pregnant at the time), but luckily my father, who I am convinced is my angel and must had some direction from my mother, got to my house as it was starting and was able to put it out before the fire department arrived. We were lucky that we were all fine, our cats were okay, and the room suffered damage, but since we were having work done anyway and had planned to redo that room to turn it into Squirt's bedroom, it just pushed forward when we would have worked on things. Actually, since DH is so super handy we ended up using our insurance money to redo the rest of our basement. I should post pictures for you all.

Wow, that's some serious reno work you have going on, Kimmar! Awesome! We actually had our house done last summer, new siding, roof, windows, etc. Actually, long story, we had a house fire during the construction (and I was newly pregnant at the time), but luckily my father, who I am convinced is my angel and must had some direction from my mother, got to my house as it was starting and was able to put it out before the fire department arrived. We were lucky that we were all fine, our cats were okay, and the room suffered damage, but since we were having work done anyway and had planned to redo that room to turn it into Squirt's bedroom, it just pushed forward when we would have worked on things. Actually, since DH is so super handy we ended up using our insurance money to redo the rest of our basement. I should post pictures for you all.

WOW! That would have been super scary. So glad it was contained and quickly.

Yes, I'd love to see pictures.

WOW! That would have been super scary. So glad it was contained and quickly.

Yes, I'd love to see pictures.

It was terrifying. It's amazing what being in that situation will tell you about yourself. How quickly my father reacted, how fast we got my kids out. That complete strangers came running over to help, that one of them ran back in with me to try to get my cats out, even though we could not. How my neighbors took my kids so they could watch tv and not be scared by all the activity. How my contractor stopped the fire department from chainsawing through the main support beam of my home, and instead precision cut my wall open so that he could fix it that same day. We were so lucky in so many ways. So many. It could have been much worse.

I'll try to get some pictures together of at least the interior today. I'd love to take pics of outside but it's pretty gray. Better to do it on a sunny day. We actually sort of themed it after the Beach Club Villas, and our house number is in Disney font. :goodvibes

I'll try to get some pictures together of at least the interior today. I'd love to take pics of outside but it's pretty gray. Better to do it on a sunny day. We actually sort of themed it after the Beach Club Villas, and our house number is in Disney font. :goodvibes

THAT is epic........ pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!