Baby B'Air travel vest for airplane, anyone used it?

jother

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking of buying the vest for our flight down to disney and really want to hear form anyone who has used it???

Please please please dont buy that thing! If you read closly its for in flight use only, not even take off and landing which are the most dangerous times of the flight for a lap rider. It might help during turbulence, but thats it. Your lap is no place for a child during a crash!

Please buy your child a ticket, most babies under two get a reduced fare. take your carseat and strap you child into it. If you just cant afford the expense, bring your carseat anyway and ride flights at the least traveled times. they will let you set it up and put your child into an empty seat if the flight isnt full.

Even if you have a seat, I think it might be helpful to use during the flight if you have to take the baby out of his seat.

My 6 month old stayed in his the whole time. It has half of the adult fare.

I did buy a Baby B'Air and loved it. My daughter has traveled quite a bit and I've used it about a half dozen times. Yes, the vest is marked for "in-flight" use only, but my daughter was outfitted in an almost identical device on take-off and landing when we flew British Airways to London. I've used the Baby B'Air at all parts of the flight. It's comfortable for the baby and the "leash" which attaches the vest to your seat belt is long enough for the baby to turn around, but not long enough for the baby to fly into the overhead in case of turbulence. My DD can even nurse while attached to me.

BTW, we also bring our car seat and get seat assignments with the middle seat open. Once we get to the gate I ask if the middle seat is still open. Most gate agents will "block" the seat and allow you to put in your car seat. I always bring the seat in a bag so I can gate check it if there is not enough room.

-- Robin

I've not heard of this air vest before but wondered how it differs from sling (which is what I used on planes previously). I know it's not as good as having a seat but at least the baby is attached to me and I'm strapped in. When we last went to WDW we bought a seat for our baby but on my next trip I'm travelling alone with a toddler and a baby. There is no way I'll be able to manage a car seat as well. Such a shame the airlines don't supply them - hopefully one day.

Libby

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW Feb '02
http://libby.withnall.com/wdw99diary.html

Thanks to the replies so far...?I'd still like to hear more from those who have used it. I know my baby and he is not going to sit in a seat 2hrs plus...and I'm still nursing...so I really think this product may give some peace of mind??

LIBBY! you need a carseat duffle bag! the right start sells them and they are priceless!

This is just my personal opinion, but I really think that a baby should be in a car seat on a plane. We are travelling with DS-9 mos. and we purchased a ticket for him so that we can use his carseat. It was half the price of our tickets and, to me, very much worth it. I feel that if children are required by law to be in a carseat in a car, the same should go for airplane travel as well. After all, they are the MOST PRECIOUS cargo on the plane!:D
Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter