baby changing stations question

btsmom

Earning My Ears
are the baby changing stations at wdw stocked with changing pads? im trying to figure out what all i need to take into the park with me. and yes, im a germophobe and must have a changing pad :cool1:

In the Baby Centers, They have paper rolls (similar to doctors offices). CMs are usually on-duty to make sure a nice new sheet is placed on the changing tables.

As for the public restrooms..they are just the typical plastic fold down changing tables.

thanks :) in those normal plastic fold down things, are they stocked with the changing pads? they all have a place for them, but in our town, only a few places actually keep pads in them.

If I'm remembering correctly at the MK they had a bunch of changing stations that kinda reminded me of the things you sit on at the Dr.'s office with the paper covers and all. You just put a new sheet across for your baby. The other places I believe had actual changing tables, like you would have at home. I always carried my own disposable changing pads anyway so I used them. If I wasn't near a baby station(there is only 1 in each park) and I had to use the bathroom and the changing area was nasty I just reclined my stroller and used a disposable pad under the baby.

To be quite honest, I always try to find a baby center if I can...I really don't like public bathrooms for changing diapers.

But when I have had to use the fold down things, I've had my own changing pad so I never looked for anything else Sorry.

ooh, i was going with the assumption that the bathrooms at the disney parks were clean. i never even considered otherwise. :scared:

i'll just buy some disposable pads to be safe :)

The changing tables in the baby care centers have paper like in the doctor's office.

The regular changing tables in restrooms are usually metal - there may be some plastic ones too - and they do not provide changing pads. My diaper bag came with a changing pad, but I don't use it in public places. There's no way I'm going to put the pad on a germy changing table and then put it back in my bag when I'm done. :eek: I always bring disposable changing pads with me. I put a couple of paper towels under DS's head and the disposable changing pad under his bottom. That way, I can just throw everything away when I'm done.

ooh, i was going with the assumption that the bathrooms at the disney parks were clean. i never even considered otherwise. :scared:

i'll just buy some disposable pads to be safe :)

Well they are relatively clean for a public bathroom..don't mean to scare you..but considering the thousands of visitors...and some can get a little crowded...

The babycenters are just so much nicer, not really even comparable. very clean, quiet, not usually very crowded.

I would definitely bring some sort of pad just be on the safe side..

Have fun!!

I used the paper towels. There was always a dispenser next to the metal changing table.

Magic Kingdom® Park:
The Baby Care Center is next to The Crystal Palace restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A.

Epcot:
The Baby Care Center is inside Future World's Odyssey Center.

Disney's Hollywood Studios™:
The Baby Care Center is in the Guest Services Building inside the Main Entrance.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park:
The Baby Care Center is behind Creature Comforts in Discovery Island™.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park:
There is no baby Care Center, but the restrooms do have baby changing stations.

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park:
There is no baby Care Center, but the restrooms do have baby changing stations.

Downtown Disney® area:
There is no Baby Care Center, but the restrooms do have baby changing stations.

I've actually found the changing tables to be very clean in the restrooms. I think the custodians do them fairly regularly.

I always carry a pack of Clorox wipes and if I don't have a pad handy I do a quick wipe.

I've actually found the changing tables to be very clean in the restrooms. I think the custodians do them fairly regularly.

I always carry a pack of Clorox wipes and if I don't have a pad handy I do a quick wipe.

We always carried Clorox wipes for this purpose also. And most of the public restroom ones are stainless steel, which is a material that is "least likely to harbor dangerous bacteria" compared to other household counter tops, according to this article here. Also, the cleaning people do clean them periodically and if parents are also wiping them down from time to time, then they probably are not as bad as some people think they are. I also did prefer the baby care centers but I wasn't going to trek back to one if it wasn't nearby when we needed to do a diaper change (we already do enough walking at WDW!). Given the amount of time my ds wore a diaper (he wasn't p/t'd until four) and the number of times we've been to WDW between age 1-4 (about 8x) we have used the diaper changing facilities at WDW a lot and never suffered any ill consequences from it. So I do think that it's pretty safe, just from my own experience. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!