Baby names

I can't say that I really dislike many names but there are a few that just don't work for me. It was just mentioned but I have a cousin named Dakota and everytime I hear his name I think: North or South? :p

In Nathan's daycare class the kids have been named: Keegan(b), Lindsey(g), Casey(g), Evan(b), Jacob(b), Finn(b), Murat(b), Abby(g) and Victoria(g).

We picked Nathan because it is a name that people recognize and know how to spell but every other kid does not have the same name. When looking at past years census name lists Nathan seemed to continually be in the top 50 but never the top 10 and that is the kind of name we were looking for.

Tess, I also have a Tyler, almost 9, and love the name Taylor, too. Great choices!! I also have a daughter, Kaley. People always mess up her name. I like different names and am not into traditional ones. I love Logan for a boy and Riley for a girl.

[color=0066ff]Some of the names that people don't like are some of my favorites. I love the names Madison, Skyler and Dakota. Most of the girl names I like are unusual like Cheyenne, Hunter or Kennedy. And most of the boy names I like are traditional like David, Michael and Christopher.
Like some other people mentioned the only names I really dislike are the ones that are attached to people I don't like.[/color]

I'm glad people liked the Bad Baby Names site- I thought it was very funny.

I grew up with a name that NO one my age had (I'm 22), but quite a few of their moms had my name! I used to dislike it, but it has grown on me. Everyone can spell it, and I was always put in the right gym class in school- unlike a friend named Jamie who was always put in the boys' class on the first day.

Joyce

Hey Julie_Yet -- Your screen name would be an interesting Juliet!

OR, better yet, how about your signature line for a name --

Itchepackesassa- The place where the moon plants the colors of her rainbow and the sun draws them out in her flowers.

;)

Originally posted by FOJMO
OR, better yet, how about your signature line for a name --

Itchepackesassa- The place where the moon plants the colors of her rainbow and the sun draws them out in her flowers.

;)
[color=0066ff]But could you pronounce it?[/color] ;)

When we had our son we wanted a simple name but not one everyone had so we chose Shane. Now there are tons of Shane's around!

When I first hear a name, sometimes I may find it unusual or, I just don't like it. Case in point........My Dear, Sweet, Niece ZOE! Man, that took some time getting used to but now, she's ZOE! A person's name just grows on me along with the person they are/become, I get used to it, move on. ;)

My dh & I have very large extended families so, we've seen a lot of names. I guess the one that still seems unusual to me would be Mikaela but, I don't see her that often.

My dd is a MIKAELA. Her name definitely fits her. When she was born, there were no other kids with this name. Now I hear that name all of the time. I have a co-worker with a daughter named MIKAYLA and another lady I used to work with has a granddaughter with the middle name MIKALA.

Dh had already picked out the name Michaela (from Jane Seymour's character on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman--btw, he's only seen the show once)

On the day of my first ultrasound I received my Parents Magazine in the mail. There was the cutest baby girl in one of the articles and her name was MIKAELA. I told dh that the ultrasound would reveal that the baby was a girl and that her name would be spelled with a "k" instead of "ch".

My other baby is Cameron. There have to be at least five other people on these boards who has a son with that name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter